Campaigners at 38 Degrees are responsible for designing and delivering effective campaigns that build our people-powered movement. We’re looking for outstanding campaigners with proven abilities to work creatively, with a track record of innovative campaign design and delivery and brilliant communications skills (media relations, social content and top-notch copywriting). Responsibilities:
- Campaign strategy: Work with Campaigns colleagues to help shape campaign strategy. Speak to experts and collaborate with other organisations.
- Campaign tactics: Organise campaign actions and logistics, from media sell-ins to public meetings.
- Technology: Deliver high-quality digital actions for 38 Degrees members and use your creativity to design inspiring and impactful journeys for 38 Degrees members - from signing a petition through to registering for an offline event.
- Communications: Quickly write compelling emails to send to millions of 38 Degrees members. Quickly produce other written and visual content such as blogs and social media posts.
- Supervise, support and develop more junior colleagues
Your skills and experience These are challenging roles that requires hard work, flexibility, good judgment, initiative and an ability to deliver results in fast paced environment. You will have a deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on critical issues. Your core skills and experience will include:
- A proven ability to get to grips with new technology (like a mass email platform or the Facebook ad platform) quickly and calmly
- Professionalism, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines
- The ability to write fantastic, clear, persuasive copy, quickly
- Commitment to social change and people power
- Fantastic teamwork skills and the ability to work quickly and collaboratively
- The ability to multi-task and thrive in an organisation where our campaign priorities change with the news agenda
- The ability to quickly understand and engage with complex logistics and campaign plans
- A creative head for campaign tactics
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new campaign areas without getting lost in unnecessary detail
- A willingness to take risks, fail and adapt
The job is often driven by a campaign cycle, so there are times that involve long hours and times that don’t. Our culture recognises both the needs of campaigns and the need for rest and for our staff to have a life. About 38 Degrees 38 Degrees is one of the UK's biggest campaigning communities. We do mainstream, inclusive campaigning, democracy and community-building projects, events, and large scale crowd-fundraising. We’re united by a set of shared values; to defend fairness, protect freedoms and rights, promote peace, preserve the planet and deepen democracy. Anyone can be a 38 Degrees member. In a successful month up to 1 million different people take action with 38 Degrees. Our members include supporters of all the major political parties, leave and remain voters, and residents of all parts of the UK. Our strength in numbers, and ability to understand clearly what our members are thinking, ground us in reality, and allow us to say and do things other organisations might shy away from. 38 Degrees puts power into people’s hands. We’re helping to strengthen democracy by giving 38 Degrees members new ways to be involved in politics. Our members campaign at the national, devolved, and local level - and influence a range of decision-makers including politicians, statutory bodies, and business. We aim big, and we win more than most - there are forests you can walk in, hospitals you can get treated in, and pubs, libraries and museums you can still enjoy thanks to 38 Degrees campaigns. We've closed tax loopholes worth hundreds of millions of pounds, helped stop cuts to welfare payments for thousands of disabled people, and enabled tens of thousands of our members to switch to cheaper, greener gas and electricity suppliers. We actively encourage applications from people with a variety of backgrounds, experience and perspectives. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under represented at 38 Degrees. How to apply: Send us your creative and succinct CV (no more than 2 pages) and covering letter detailing how you meet the above criteria, to email@example.com, by 12pm on the 21 July 2017.