Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as a Campaigner and help to design, coordinate and deliver effective, innovative campaigns and build our organising capability on issues which effect children, initially working within a team focused on reducing child poverty here in the UK. In our Advocacy,Policy and Campaigns department, we fight for children every single day. We drive political agendas at national and global levels. We integrate lobbying, policy, research and campaigning into one agile, powerful engine for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done. As a Campaigner you will help develop and project manage campaigns that are engaging, impactful and innovative, craft excellent supporter journeys that increase public participation in our campaigns.. You will develop compelling propositions and manage projects for specific campaign audiences, monitoring and evaluating campaigning activity in relation to individual work plans. The role could see you developing tactics and approaches that will see you working across our network of shops, developing digital marketing campaigns, or working with our campaign volunteers and schools. In addition you will:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of child rights issues sufficient to deliver and represent Save the Children at external meetings and with members of the public as required
- Help build engagement, knowledge and support for campaigns and organising at Save the Children UK with other departments, volunteers and supporters.
To be successful you will be a flexible and pro-active worker, with the ability to collaborate well with other campaigners and across multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll have been involved in public campaigns in a volunteer or professional capacity, alongside a demonstrable interest in politics and how change happens.. Additionally, you will have:
- An understanding of what motivates people to get involved in activism or efforts to achieve social change
- Experience of meeting deadlines when working under pressure on numerous projects
- The ability to influence others and work effective as a member of the team
- The ability to write written and verbal communications to a wide range of different audiences.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure. If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you. To apply please visit our website. Closing date: 11th February 2020