About the role Freedom from Torture is seeking a Campaigner with strong digital experience to work with the Freedom from Torture Communications and Campaigns team to support the execution of campaigns across email, social, and other digital channels and drive innovation and campaigns activity. The ideal candidate will have experience of devising and developing a variety of multimedia content to support ambitious campaigns objectives. They will be comfortable developing creative and impactful social media posts and engaging web content, and creating and commissioning video. They will also have experience managing large email lists, and with writing and sending email, including segmentation, testing, and reporting. We would like someone to work four days a week, starting as soon as they are available and up until December 18th. Purpose: The role will be to specifically support the delivery of campaigns activity across Freedom from Torture’s protection and torture accountability work during a particularly busy period. The postholder will be part of a wider Communications and Campaigns team and may work on additional projects as necessary and where need is greatest. Job scope: Responsible for content creation, implementation and reporting, driving online reach, and supporter acquisition in order to achieve ambitious campaigning objectives Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Plan and deliver digital campaigning strategies for individual projects; liaise with suppliers on campaign delivery; develop online content to engage supporters; work with wider team to integrate digital campaigning with wider communications plans.
- Write, route, A/B test, segment and coding supporter e-appeals through Mailchimp; manage email automations and welcome journey; contribute to improving processes and integration, CRM reporting (Alms) and data management in line with GDPR.
- Contribute to social media management, including day-to-day posting, designing and editing graphics, images and video, developing plans to maximise engagement and liaising with agencies.
- Contribute to digital KPI and campaign-specific tracking and reporting using Google Analytics and other tools; monitor income performance against target and analyse results; conduct conversion rate optimisation, troubleshoot web system bugs and make recommendations for website development.
Knowledge & Qualifications Essential
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS and of CMS administration
- Excellent knowledge of databases and email marketing platforms
- Knowledge of data protection regulations
- Knowledge of human rights and issues affecting refugees and torture survivors
Skills & Experience for this role Essential
- Experience and understanding of planning, delivering and reporting on multi-channel campaigns both on and offline
- Ability to create and develop innovative and engaging digital content and ideas
- Experience of copywriting for social media, websites, emails and other digital campaigning activity
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral; ability to synthesise complex information into accessible public messaging
- Experience of integrated digital campaign and communications projects in the charity sector and with people with lived experience
- Experience of managing Facebook Ads and Google Ad Grants management
- Basic video and photo editing skills
- Proactive, able to work well unsupervised under pressure, to prioritise own workload
- Experience working on campaigns with and on behalf of vulnerable people
- High level of data, numeracy and technical skills for reporting, testing, analysis, improving processes and implementing learnings
About Freedom from Torture Freedom from Torture is dedicated to healing and protecting people who have survived torture. We provide therapies to improve physical and mental health, we medically document torture, and we provide legal and welfare help. We expose torture globally, we fight to hold torturing states to account and we campaign for fairer treatment of torture survivors in the UK. How to apply Please email your CV, along with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Campaigner – Application”.