Campaigns, Engagement and Participation Manager
Working in partnership with disabled people, carers and other disadvantage individuals/groups to develop, implement, monitor and review the Campaigns, Engagement and Participation strategy and operational plans and raise the rights of people with learning disability. Reporting to: the Head, Campaigns and Community Business Unit, the job-holder will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Lead in all Harrow Mencap Campaign initiates.
- Develop topics/curriculum, contents and facilitate sessions to enhance quality of programs delivered at Forum/meetings/workshops.
- Liaison with the statutory, voluntary and private sector organisations in furthering organisational and campaigns objectives.
- Monitor the external environment and policy changes around disabilities and disadvantaged groups, design and implement appropriate campaign strategy to bring awareness and changes.
- Manage the development of activist journeys for actions, identifying opportunistic moments, appropriate campaign techniques and creative methods to mobilise and engage activists.
Our ideal candidate should be passionate supporting disabled people to live independent lives, demonstrate an understanding of health and social care, good grasp of human rights and social policies, and knowledge of strategic campaigning and excellent communications skills.