About us Redwings is a national animal welfare charity providing every day care for over 1,500 rescued horses and donkeys at its sanctuary farms and visitor centres across the UK, with 500 more living out in guardian homes. Redwings Horse Sanctuary campaigns to improve equine welfare in the UK. We are best known for our award-winning Stamp Out Strangles campaign, which aims to protect horses from the misery caused by the UK’s most common equine infectious disease. About the role The charity is now seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking Campaigns Officer who will have the opportunity to drive the campaign forward at a time when the equine industry is uniting to improve biosecurity standards. Working three days a week at the charity’s headquarters in Norfolk, you will be responsible for administration of the Stamp Out Strangles Pledge and online and offline campaign activities, in particular through Redwings events and Campaign Champion Facebook group. Under the guidance of the Campaigns Manager and Senior Campaigns Officer, you will work with colleagues across Redwings to mobilise support amongst the horse-owning public. As a member of the Redwings Events team, you will also attend internal and external events to represent and promote the organisation and recruit campaigners, requiring weekend and overnight stays. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone experienced in online or offline campaigning. You will have first rate written and verbal communication skills, excellent horse care knowledge and a passion for animal welfare, and you will be fully committed to the aims and vision of Redwings. Details
- Campaigns Officer (Part-time, permanent)
- Salary: £20,865 per annum pro rata
- Three days per week, 9am to 5pm, days negotiable
- Based at Redwings HQ Norfolk
- Closing date: Monday 7th October at midday
- Interviews will be held on: 16 th and 17th October
Job purpose To drive the charity’s Stamp Out Strangles campaign, administering the Stamp Out Strangles Pledge and online and offline campaign activities, in particular through Redwings’ events and the charity’s Campaign Champions Facebook group. Under the guidance of the Campaigns Manager and Senior Campaigns Officer, to work with colleagues including Redwings’ Events Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator to mobilise support for the campaign. To assist with or be involved in the development of any further campaigns work for Redwings. As a member of the Redwings Events team, to attend internal and external events to represent and promote the organisation and recruit campaigners, requiring occasional weekend and overnight stays. Specific areas of responsibility and tasks: Stamp Out Strangles Campaign:
- To administer Stamp Out Strangles pledges including mailing out pledge packs and maintaining the campaigner database on Raiser’s Edge (CRM) working with the Data Officer where necessary.
- To assist with the preparation of social media plans and collection of digital content for the campaign including the Strangles Hub microsite, e-campaigns, Champion Facebook Group, and Redwings’ social media channels.
- To be the face of the Stamp Out Strangles Campaign and main administrator of the Redwings Campaign Champions Facebook group
- To work with the Events Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator to attend events and brief staff and volunteers to successfully recruit campaign supporters.
- To assist the Campaigns Manager with the development and delivery of any activities to develop the campaign such as Champion Yard Pack, Speak Out On Strangles Action Day, engagement with the veterinary sector.
- To work with the Volunteer Coordinator and relevant departments to recruit volunteer campaign ambassadors.
- To maximise the use of Redwings existing resources and new resources to further the campaign activities and maximise impacts.
- To assist the Campaigns Manager and Senior Campaigns Officer with preparation of documents, correspondence and activities as required.
- To collate data to assist with planning and reporting monthly, quarterly and annually as required by the Head of Communications or Campaigns Manager.
- To assist with the delivery of effective multimedia communications outputs for web and social media in line with Redwings brand and campaign strategy.
- To work with external suppliers to ensure cost effective delivery of externally delivered outputs.
- To maintain a database of key contacts and influencers in accordance with Redwings’ systems and data protection requirements.
- To collate monitoring figures
- To administer the firstname.lastname@example.org email account and support the Campaigns Manager with campaign enquiries through other channels.
- To assist the Campaigns manager with the development of campaign strategy, tactics, coordination with allies and implement all aspects of campaigns while working collaboratively with a dynamic team.
- To assist the Senior Campaigns Officer with the implementation of research activities related to campaigns as required.
- To take an active role in the development of any potential new campaigns in future.
- To maximise the campaign opportunities from group visits to Redwings, seminars and external talks.
- To work with the Campaigns Manager to make best use of Redwings’ events for campaign goals including Open Days, Redwings Show, and national and local events.
- To act as a member of the Redwings Events team, attending external events to represent and promote the organisation.
- To deputise the Campaigns Manager or Senior Campaigns Officer when necessary for campaign activities
- To work as part of a team working towards the best possible service to all.
- To work to Redwings’ values and our responsibilities as a Charity.
- To remain impartial at all times, taking an organisational perspective on matters.
- To always act in a diplomatic manner.
- To maintain confidentiality and respect sensitivities.
- The post also carries governance and statutory responsibilities:
- (i) Data protection and appropriate confidentiality
Notes All staff must be sympathetic to and able to project the philosophy and concept of equine welfare, working for a charity, and Redwings’ values. Redwings Horse Sanctuary is very much a community and all members of staff are encouraged to be part of its day-to-day life. Health and Safety: All staff members are expected to comply with Redwings Health and Safety policies and procedures. Employees have a general duty under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 to:
- carry out their work safely without undue risk to themselves, colleagues and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- cooperate with their employer in complying with any duty or requirement imposed by health and safety legislation.
This Job Description may change and the duties listed are not exhaustive, but such change will only be made following consultation between the (relevant) "Manager" and the postholder. A job description review automatically takes place as part of the Performance Management process. Apply If you are interested in the above vacancy, please request an application pack from Rachel Daines, by email to email@example.com or apply online at www.redwings.org.uk. Please note we are only able to receive applications by email for this post.