Communications and Project Officer
The Social Change Agency helps build people powered movements that change the world. We are experts in creating social impact using communication, community organising, crowdfunding, peer networks, innovation, and systemic and organisational change. We combine tried and tested approaches with cutting edge tools and perspectives. And we offer strategic consulting, programme design and delivery, training, workshops and more. Our clients include Power to Change, Marks and Spencer and Raleigh International and our training and events attract some of the brightest and best social changemakers in the land. We also help to run one of mechanisms by which Government match funds charity overseas aid appeals. Job overview Responsible for supporting and assessing the communications apparatus of our biggest client, this includes supporting international development charities in communicating their work to the British public. You will also help the wider TSCA team with marketing and project activity to increase the social impact of our projects and the reach and reputation of TSCA amongst clients and collaborators. We are a small and dynamic team, and looking for a curious self starter to join the business at an exciting time of growth. Reporting to Head of Operations Key responsibilities
- Supporting the TSCA team dedicated to our contract with Dfid, ensuring that grantees communications are on message, effective, and concise in delivering the development goals
- Supporting the TSCA team to develop and deliver original TSCA projects (including research, thought leadership and events), from inception to completion
- Supporting new business proposals and presentations when necessary
- Developing and managing a content schedule for marketing activity; sourcing and creating original content for TSCA website and external channels.
- Writing and managing the monthly newsletter
- Using any other skills you bring to the job that can help TSCA to increase its reach and impact
Skills and experience required
- 2-3 years experience in social sector communications, international development, or government.
- Exceptional writing skills for a variety of audiences.
- Strong desk research, primary research and data analysis skills
- Experience of interpreting data, producing insights and presenting them in an accessible and compelling way in a variety of formats to a range of stakeholders
- Experience of creating marketing content, reports and presentations in online and offline formats for a range of audiences
- Able to build a professional rapport quickly with new people and large groups
- Social media management, with an awareness of the principles of effective social media outreach and engagement
- Experience of working in an office environment.
This role will be suitable for: A thinker and doer with an interest in systems change, social justice and innovation. Someone who is keen to make an impact in a small team, hungry for search out opportunities to develop themselves and the business, and happy working on their own initiative with energy, enthusiasm and good humour. A natural connector of people and ideas, who is collaborative, approachable and flexible by nature and enjoys developing their thinking around a diverse range of issues and stakeholders. A business focused individual who wants to contribute to the growth and success of a social enterprise whilst exploring and developing their research and consultancy skills. A doer who is happy to muck in with day to day admin and use their initiative to make things run smoothly for the rest of the team. Not suitable for: Someone who prefer strict rules, is uncomfortable with ambiguity. Prefers working on single issues in isolation. Needs a lot of supervision and the structure of an established, hierarchical organisation. Salary: £27,000 Contract: Full time, permanent pending a 3 month probationary period Location: Kings Cross, London. Holiday: While we don’t count hours, or days, preferring to get the work done when necessary, 25 days all plus bank holidays is what we work to and any salary will be pro rata. Equal Opportunity Employer: The Social Change Agency is committed to the diversity of our team. We encourage applications from all suitability qualified people regardless of age, gender expression, sexuality, race, disability and ethnicity. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK independently, as we unfortunately are unable to provide visa sponsorship. If you would like to discuss the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange a time. If you’re ready to apply, please send us a CV, cover letter telling us why you are interested in the role and what you think you can contribute to it, and a 2 page writing sample to email@example.com DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 9 AM, 25 May 2018 INTERVIEWS: 31 May 2018 in London