Digital Campaign Consultants
>Location: Multiple locations - UK, France, The Netherlands and Germany>Hours: 10-15 hours per week (possibility to increase)>Term: 6 months (possibility to extend) Summary Mighty Earth, a leading global environmental advocacy organization, is seeking Digital Campaign Consultants to support our Latin American Campaign. We are looking for talented digital campaigners with experience in executing an array of digital campaign tactics including managing social media, delivering online petitions, and producing digital communications. Your work will centre on building and deploying a powerful movement that can convince leading private sector actors like supermarkets, fast food chains, and agribusiness giants to eliminate deforestation and move to sustainable practices across their supply chains. These positions will play a critical role in supporting the bourgeoning digital campaigns of Mighty Earth, working directly with our EU Digital Director and National Country Directors. Under the direct management of the EU Director, and in daily coordination with the Europe Digital Director, these Digital Campaigners will support the implementation of all digital campaign activities in the four countries, including petitions, advertising, social media, and online communications. These positions will support long term digital goals of our campaign work including winning corporate and policy campaigns, expanding our membership, and broadening public awareness of forest issues. To achieve this, the Digital Campaigners will support staff in country – as well as across the Europe to implement digital campaign plans to help Mighty Earth achieve our aims to tackle climate-damaging deforestation. Responsibilities:
- Manage posts for Mighty Earth through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in UK/France/Germany/Netherlands>
- Implement all advertising including the approval of ads, resolving blocked ads, running tests, and monitoring performance>
- Translate content as needed (France, Netherlands, Germany)
- With support from the EU Digital Director, draft content for ads, petitions, emails, and social>
- Create a social media posting schedule and social media toolkits
- Help design and produce graphical content from social media shares to infographics.>
- Track and analyse digital metrics to identify key lessons from campaigns and projects — and use those metrics to share learnings and recommendations with digital and non-digital campaigners alike to help strengthen future work.>
- Support efforts to translate online campaigns into offline actions
- Collaborate closely with other digital campaign consultants in other EU countries to ensure coordination of digital efforts>
- Meet weekly with National Country Directors and EU Digital Director to set priorities and focus for the coming week>
- Join meetings with the US Communications team as necessary>
- Contribute to the improvement of digital workflows>
- 2-3 years of experience as a digital campaigner and/or social media management or in content creation roles.
- Demonstrated experience in working on teams across different backgrounds, ideally, including race, class, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, language fluency, nationality
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using tools similar to — Action Network, WordPress, Canva, social media platforms and digital advertising and the ability to adapt to use new tools as needed.
- Familiar with social media advertising techniques, especially Facebook and LinkedIn, including A/B testing.
- Experience with running advocacy email programmes large lists, list growth, and list health
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with native fluency or near native fluency in English.
- A good understanding of how to write for digital audiences, and an ability to write inspiring and engaging digital copy to inspire our supporters to take action.
- Fluency in local language
- Design skills such as creating graphical content for social media, web design, infographics and using tools such as Canva, Photoshop or other design software.
- Experience working on environmental or supermarket campaigns
- Experience in working with media (e.g., with writing press releases and doing interviews)
More about our team: Mighty Earth is made up of people from various backgrounds including people with a background in non-profit organizations, election campaigns, government, the private sector, and legislative offices, at a range of experience levels. We pride ourselves on being a welcoming place for people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, parents, empty-nesters, and more. Details: This is a part-time consultancy and candidates can be based anywhere within the national market. You will report to the EU Digital Director and National Country Directors, and work on a daily basis with the EU Digital Director, as well as other team members around the world. Application Deadline: Please submit your application as soon as possible. Please apply button on the Mighty Earth website and include a brief, thoughtful cover letter which speaks to our mission and demonstrates your writing abilities and let us know where you heard about the job. The position will remain posted until it is filled. Compensation: This is a part-time role hired on a consultancy basis. Mighty Earth’s compensation ranges are range of $1200-$1600 per month for 10-15 hours of work. Compensation rates will be discussed with the successful applicants. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact Aliya email@example.com. Mighty Earth is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, colour, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of colour, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.