Digital Communications Officer
Position We are looking for a Digital Communications Officer to support our communications team. ShareAction is a growing charity working in an area that is attracting increased attention from a wide variety of audiences, including policy makers, the financial industry and a growing number of individuals who are increasingly concerned at what sort of business activity their pension savings are funding. The role provides a tremendous opportunity to explore a wide variety of communications approaches and techniques across multiple and diverse audiences. ShareAction is attracting interest from audiences across the world, not solely in the UK. This role, therefore, gives an unparalleled opportunity to develop your technical knowledge and skills in a fast growing, dynamic and highly reputed NGO. This role will suit someone with a passion for communications, particularly in the digital sphere and the desire to make a contribution in an area that touches multiple key global challenges, such as climate change, biodiversity loss, social justice and public health. You will be keen to develop your campaigning approach while at the same time have a robust understanding of the nuance of ShareAction’s unique approach to its mission. Key responsibilities:
- Managing content and activity across ShareAction’s various social media channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook;
- Managing diverse paid social campaigns across LinkedIn and Facebook;
- Actioning website edits and setting up online tools and emails via Engaging Networks;
- Designing social media content, reports and briefings, in house and working with external designers;
- Drafting and editing blogs for ShareAction’s website.
While the role is primarily focus on digital communications, this role will also be expected to provide support the wider communications team, including:
- Monitoring media (UK and global) coverage;
- Assisting in the identification of new press targets for specific campaigns.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and the role might change slightly from time to time Requirements We are looking for a passionate, determined individual, with the following experience and skills: ESSENTIAL
- A demonstrable passion for digital communications and/or campaigning;
- Experience running social media accounts, with a reasonable degree of autonomy, including an understanding of social media advertising;
- Proven experience of writing and editing copy for a range of audiences across the web, email and social media;
- A great eye for detail;
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop);
- Experience managing content on a website and digital campaign platforms, or a proven ability to learn new systems quickly;
- Good understanding of SEO and Google Analytics;
- The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across teams and manage conflicting priorities and changing schedules.
- Experience working on environmental, social justice issues, or financial issues;
- Video editing experience;