Digital Engagement Advisor
About you: You will have outstanding writing skills and a track record of creating engaging digital content and journeys in a campaigning environment. You’ll be adept at spotting and capitalising on ad hoc opportunities as well as driving delivery of longer term strategies and plans. You’ll take a collaborative approach to working with colleagues and allies to deliver digital campaigns that create real change, and be able to confidently and clearly interpret digital insights and explain best practice. Key Responsibilities and accountabilities Social media channel strategy and management
- Manage Global Witness’ social media channels, identifying new opportunities and approaches to improve our online presence;
- Plan and deliver campaigns across owned, earned and paid channels including seeding and outreach plans, developing partnerships and managing social media advertising;
- Maintain the digital content calendar, working collaboratively with colleagues to source and develop a regular drumbeat of engaging content, adapted for different channels as needed.
Create engaging content
- Write webpages, blogs and articles that meet user needs, optimising for search;
- Work with the Multimedia Manager, Data Advisor and Visual Designer to develop social media videos, graphics, data visualisations and other formats.
- Write supporter emails, help develop welcome and reactivation journeys, and use CRM and supporter data to effectively target communications to deepen engagement;
- Work with an external agency to ensure we are making effective use of our Google grant;
- Use analytics and audience insights to evaluate and optimise digital activity, championing an insight-driven approach to campaign and communications planning.
Training and building best practice
- Help design and deliver training and guidance to empower staff to use digital tools and channels to achieve campaign aims;
- Build understanding of best practice in writing and creating content for different channels through providing constructive feedback and interpreting user data.
Strategy and planning
- Support the Digital Manager in development and implementation of digital strategies, and creation of effective and light-touch policies and processes;
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the different issues on which Global Witness works, and contribute ideas to communications-campaigns planning;
- Provide expert advice to teams on use of different digital campaigning tools and tactics, including helping to develop relevant supporter actions.
Ways of working and collaborating
- Role models our ethos and values;
- Makes a positive contribution to the wider organisation by playing an active role in organisation wide working groups and meetings;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to creating an inclusive, equal and diverse workplace;
- Works within Global Witness’ policies, processes and procedures at all times.
- Provides cover and support for the Digital Manager where required;
- Any other duties equal to the skills and responsibilities required for this role as directed by the Digital Manager.
- Significant experience in digital communications, preferably in a campaigning organisation
- Significant experience of managing social media channels
- Experience of developing social media strategies, including influencer strategies
- Experience using content management systems
- Experience using email marketing tools
- Experience of running social media advertising e.g. Facebook ads manager, Twitter ads
- Experience delivering digital training e.g. creating effective content, using social media
- Strong knowledge of the principles of planning and creating web content that meets user needs and is optimised for search
- Knowledge of latest trends and best practice in digital campaigning and social media
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and social media analytics, and the ability to interpret digital analytics for non-specialists and use to evaluate and improve content and journeys
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate clearly with non-digital colleagues, understanding their needs and forging strong relationships
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work, and manage projects effectively
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in written English
- Visual awareness, and image and video editing skills.
- An understanding of legal and security issues relevant to Global Witness’ digital outputs
- Experience using supporter engagement tools, preferably Engaging Networks
- Experience working with developers
- Experience using a CRM, preferably Salesforce, to manage supporter data
- French or Spanish
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
- Experience creating multilingual content.
Working for Global Witness: We aim to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. We value new perspectives, original ideas and different ways of working. We believe that diverse views and experiences improve the way we do our work. We do our best to make our jobs accessible to all regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We offer an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary and 25 days holiday (exc. Bank holidays) private medical insurance and flexible working arrangements.