Digital Engagement Director
ABOUT ONE ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account. ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organising, mobilising, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive. ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities. ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application. ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organisation and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease. As Digital Engagement Director, you’ll use your expertise of digital and social to push our global strategies to the forefront of the fight for a better world. You will oversee the strategy and management of ONE’s global digital content and social media platforms and work with the wider Digital Team in the development of ONE’s overall digital strategy. You will be an excellent communicator and enthusiastic team player, managing a high performing team across multiple time-zones. You will have extensive experience of creating, running and managing global digital content and social media channels and be excited about digital’s potential to inspire and engage people to take action. This is a 6 months maternity cover opportunity based in ONE’s London office reporting to the Senior Director, Global Digital. We will consider applications for 4 days per week and support flexibility. IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Lead a global team of digital content, engagement and platform managers.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Global Digital, and other team members, to develop audience driven campaign, platform and content strategies on a global, regional and national scale.
- Plan, assign and supervise assignments, generally involving large, concurrent projects and campaigns.
- Oversee the commissioning and creation of content for ONE’s campaigns to help drive action.
- Oversee the creation of ONE’s emerging video content and platform strategy.
- Maintain and build and develop key external relationships within the social media, content and digital community globally.
- Oversee the analysis of website and social data, presenting results and making adjustments to maximize ONE’s digital potential.
- Manage project-related budgets including responsibility for identifying the necessary components and managing expenditures within the approved budget.
- Research projects costs for departmental activities on request.
- Stay abreast of digital trends and the latest technologies and strategies.
- Leads the Digital Team in senior director’s absence.
- Responsible for hiring and personnel management to include performance and work product.
- Assist executives in the development of programs and budgets.
- Ensures budgets and resources are in line with the strategic plan.
- Monitors expenditures and resources to ensure spending is within budget while complying with administrative controls over funds, contracts and procurements, to preclude fraud or mismanagement of resources.
- Additional duties as determined
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Must possess a minimum of ten years of post-secondary experience or equivalent, with at least three years’ previous experience in a lead or management capacity.
- Experience of managing a high performing global team.
- Experience of managing global digital content and platforms, particularly in a campaigning context.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience of using WordPress, Hootsuite and Facebook Business Manager.
- Experience of building relationships and creating projects with external partners and digital influencers in both the non-profit and tech sectors.
- Experience analyzing and processing data across digital platforms, including use of Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Experience of digital advertising platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Google Ads.
- Experience of utilizing video platforms such as YouTube and IGTV.
- Experience in introducing new digital approaches to organizations to improve impact and overall efficiency.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports.
- Travel up to 10% international and/or domestic.
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages highly preferred such as French is highly desired. TRAVEL: Travel up to 10% international and/or domestic. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs (http://www.one.org/jobs). ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web; https://www.one.org/contact/). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.