Digital Projects Operations Manager
The Big Give (theBigGive.org.uk) – Digital Projects & Operations Manager Are you a fantastic project manager with a “can-do” approach? Are you looking for your next step in a digitally driven, small, non-profit organisation which has huge impact and big ambition for the future, raising millions of pounds for charities across UK? You will be responsible for making sure the Big Give effectively plans, implements and learns from its key digital projects including the Christmas Challenge, the UK’s biggest match funding campaign. You will be given autonomy to also ensure the internal operations of the Big Give run smoothly including responsibility for finances and accounts, logistics (including procurement and suppliers), governance, policies and general administration. You’ll play an integral part in an exciting digital transformation project (likely to be a Salesforce solution) which will shape the future of the Big Give and provide ample opportunities for learning and development. We’re located in Holborn where we’re hosted by Reed.co.uk (UK’s #1 Job Site). This means you will get all of the benefits of working in a small non-profit team with a startup mindset, while being supported by a much larger corporation with significant technical teams who are on hand to provide support, advice and guidance. What you’ll do
- Ensure successful planning and implementation of the Big Give’s digital projects (including the Christmas Challenge and the digital transformation project in Salesforce) and that any learning is fed into future projects.
- Work closely with the Website Manager to plan, set up, initiate and review testing plans for all Big Give match funding campaigns and any new features being implemented on the Big Give platform.
- Facilitate and support the work of the Website Manager ensuring the best user experience for all of the Big Give’s customers.
- Play the “scrum master” role in the Big Give, facilitate bi-weekly sprints, retrospectives and any other team meetings with the aim of ensuring the team is working as effectively as possible and removing any barriers to success as quickly as possible.
- Manage the relationship with the Big Give’s third party payments processor and ensure the successful roll out of the new payments processing arrangement.
- Responsible for the Big Give’s day-to-day finances including managing the workload of the freelance management accountant and external auditors, payments processing and banking.
- Ensure the Big Give meets its regulatory obligations as a registered Company and Charity including GPDR, liaise directly with Trustees on governance issues and work with the rest of the team on strategy planning & implementation.
- Maintain and update the Big Give’s policies and liaise with external experts where necessary.
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to the team as and when required.
- Results focused with a track record of high performance
- Strong technical “all rounder” who has a good understanding of digital and tech
- Always seeking to improve processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Driven to self-develop and support others around you to learn
- Has a thoughtful and methodical approach to problem solving
- A great communicator
- Has an agile approach
- Enjoys working as part of a small and successful team
What you’ll need - essential
- Experience of managing complex projects in a digital context including knowledge of relevant project management tools
- Experience of managing external suppliers and/or contractors
- Knowledge of agile principles
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills
What you’ll need - desirable
- Experience of facilitating acceptance testing
- Experience of working with Salesforce
- Understanding of e-commerce
- Understanding of the charity/non-profit sector including regulatory responsibilities
- Understanding of GDPR
What you’ll get
- £30,000 - £35,000 salary (depending on experience)
- Up to 30 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays
- Flexible working
- Investment in your personal development
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
**Other benefits include childcare vouchers, a company pension scheme, personal accident cover, a personal development allowance and free eye tests. About Us The Big Give exists to promote good causes and inspire people to give. We achieve this primarily through online match funding campaigns. We are responsible for the UK’s biggest online match funding campaign, the Christmas Challenge, which in 2017 raised £11.3m for 528 charities. Since being founded by Sir Alec Reed CBE in 2007, the Big Give has helped to raise £97 million for thousands of UK-registered charities. We have ambitious plans for growth having just articulated our 10 year strategy. How to apply Send CV and cover letter explaining your motivations for the role and how you meet the person specification to email@example.com by Friday 23rd March.