Job Summary At Simple Politics, we are looking to expand our education offer into London. To do this, we are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and motivated Education Officer. The role will involve developing leads and relationships with schools; delivering assemblies, workshops and courses to KS2-5; writing new education sessions; writing a weekly current affairs quiz and, depending on the successful applicant, other education and promotional tasks. This is a part-time role, with one fixed day per week. The idea is that this day will be used for all the clerical elements of the role, training and lead creating. This does not have to be completed in a specific 8-hour block and it is likely that the work will be most efficient if spread throughout the week. On top of that, the successful candidate will be running education sessions in schools and other educational establishments, on a commission basis, as required throughout the week. You’ll be organising your own timetable, so can book in sessions around other commitments. Simple Politics is a project, founded in 2015, that aims to explain and engage people with politics in a clear, accurate and impartial way. It has a good social media following (115k on Facebook and 37k on twitter) and a growing awareness in the education sector. We currently have no Simple Politics HQ, so work is done remotely. At the start of the appointment, regular travel to Kent will be needed for training purposes, because that's where the vast majority of the Simple Politics education sessions currently take place. Responsibilities and Duties
- Create leads and develop relationships with schools and other educational establishments.
- Deliver assemblies, workshops and courses (KS2 - 5) in schools and other educational establishments.
- Create a weekly online current affairs quiz that is engaging and stimulating for KS2-5.
- Develop new education sessions, resources and teaching aids.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience delivering educational material to school-aged young people.
- Experience of presenting information in an engaging and impartial manner.
- Experience in sales, especially selling into schools.
- Strong organisational skills: a proven ability to work on own initiative and in a team, to prioritise and handle own time to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills, in line with the core requirements or clarity, accuracy and impartiality
- A decent working knowledge of UK politics
Salary and Benefits
- £100 fixed pay (for one day) per week, with the same amount (pro rata) for each education session delivered.
- Flexible hours that can be moulded to fit your current commitments.
- Opportunity to join an exciting startup at an early stage.
Application Process Please email a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how you match the required qualifications, skills and experience. The clarity of your covering letter will be taken into account when shortlisting candidates. Closing date: Sunday 21st January, 11.59pm. Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check