WANTED: A developer to join our co-operative crack-team of injustice, inequality and poverty fighters; changing the world through building websites and web apps with international partners like Oxfam and Save the Children. We’re a not-for-profit co-op filled with digital designers, developers and campaigners, wielding our skills for big names like Lumos, Macmillan, Oxfam, Save the Children and The Syria Campaign. If you care about making a positive dent in the world and working with others who value collaboration and professional development, this might be just the role you’re looking for. Week to week you’ll be building Django projects alongside our friendly, experienced team. The workload can sometimes be fast-paced, and the atmosphere is always cheerful and proactive. We’re really keen to carve out space for conferences and personal development, putting you and your team in a position to write and deploy the best code that you can. Focussing on your strengths, and then building them is key. We’re looking for folks who value doing what’s best for the project over what’s right for themselves. There’s plenty of technical jargon in here, but simply put, we're looking for intelligent people who have an eagerness to learn new things, and the communication skills to be able to explain them to humans such as project managers and our clients. As well as the technical knowledge, we need people that get it—people who are natural problem solvers and know when to yell for help. You are your best and brightest when you cut down and simplify complex problems with interfaces that function smoothly with both design and back-end code. You should probably have...
- A keenness to be working closely and collaboratively with backend developers and designers
- A love for clean, hand-coded semantically marked up HTML 5
- A passion for CSS, including Sass
- A solid understanding of working with git and core principles of UX and UI
- Experience with coding for accessibility
- Comfort translating designs from Sketch and Invision
- Proven experience
We also like talking to people who enjoy...
- Working in an agency environment
- Semantically marked up HTML
- Template engines such as Django, Jinja, or Smarty
- Optimising a page until it’s light enough to be accessible by all
In return you'll get...
- Competitive remuneration
- The chance to change the world through world-class charities
- Flexible paid leave
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Great hardware
- Optional membership of the Developer Society co-op, giving you democratic input into the running of our organisation, including electing representatives and voting rights. This is something that sets us apart.
Applying Send your cover letter and CV, but what we would really like to see is some code you've written. A GitHub or Bitbucket URL is ideal. If we like what we see we'll get back to you quickly to arrange to have a cup of tea and a chat. Apply to: email@example.com Agencies We have no involvement with emailing or cold calling agencies, so if you’re one, please don’t get in touch. If we change our minds one day, we’ll let you know.