Local Public Affairs and Campaigning Manager
Local Public Affairs and Campaigning Manager Location: Home based in England and happy to travel to our head office in Stratford, London when needed Salary: £35k - £40k + benefitsContract: Fixed term – 12 months, full time or part time Closing date: Midnight 23rd February Are you a self-motivated and sharp minded individual with experience of Public Affairs that can help us beat cancer? Why we need you The Local Public Affairs and Campaigning team is responsible for leading our engagement with, and influencing of, Local Government and stakeholders to help us improve policy to beat cancer sooner. We are now looking for a manager to join and lead a small team of Officers as well as leading a review into how we develop and deliver our local public affairs work to achieve the best outcomes for cancer research and those people affected by cancer. What will I be doing? You will be a self-starter with strategic focus and a strong understanding of Local Government. You will be passionate about our cause, committed to driving change and working with others to achieve that. Make an impact every day by:
- Developing and leading a local government engagement plan to support Cancer Research UK’s policy priorities, particularly on cancer prevention and smoking cessation.
- Lead the delivery of proactive and reactive communications to Local Government audiences via events, written briefing, consultation responses and social media and digital content.
- Line managing and developing a small team of officers.
- Reviewing Cancer Research UK’s local public affairs work and creating recommendations to help directly inform the wider Corporate Strategy for 2021.
To view a full job description please click here: https://adobe.ly/2RKwE9D What skills are you looking for? You’ll be able to bring to the role:
- Experience of working in public affairs, ideally with local government
- Experience of strategically influencing local stakeholders and decision-makers
- Experience of managing a team
- A demonstrable ability to think strategically
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
What will I gain? Without you we wouldn’t be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So, we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, childcare vouchers and much more. You’ll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately, you’ll know that you’ll be changing lives through your work. If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years. At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com