Description Tactical Tech is an international NGO, with an office in Berlin, which works with an international network of partners to assist rights, accountability and transparency advocates and activists to use information and digital technologies effectively in their work. We are an international, dynamic team and this new role is crucial to support the efficiency of the organisation's operations function as well as day to day work in the office. Job Description Level: Coordinator (junior to mid level)Location: Berlin (payroll full-time) Core responsibilities: Tactical Tech is looking for an engaged individual to come aboard as a project coordinator for its Politics of Data programme in Berlin. Working closely with the Politics of Data team, the coordinator will provide support to a wide range of activities across projects. This includes the general coordination of project activities, as well as documentation, outreach and reporting, and ensuring the smooth running of our trainings, workshops and larger scale events. Ideally, you are something with experience working in an international non-profit setting, having either organised events or supported teams. You do not need to be a tech expert, but the position does require a general level understanding of tech in relation to the internet, our everyday devices, and digital security and privacy. We are looking for someone who has an understanding of project management approaches, including drafting simple budgets and who can also deal with problems in a very practical and hands on manner. Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Events management and logistics for trainings, workshops and other events.
- Coordination of speakers, trainers, facilitators and workshops at large-scale events.
- Distribution and outreach of project merchandising and materials.
- Documentation of project activities and report writing.
- Build on and improve high quality, efficient processes and maintain documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Take an active role in increasing their own skills and contributing to the team's skill development.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, which may be required.
Key competencies and experience
- Fluent written and spoken English, additional languages a plus.
- Experience organising events of various sizes.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets.
- Professional and friendly manner when dealing with a variety of different service providers, speakers, trainers and distributors.
- Flexibility and ability to be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and respond quickly to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a team.
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills, with a hands-on and can-do approach.
- Ability to produce results under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with creative and iterative processes and working in a dynamic and fast moving environment
- Demonstrable commitment to Tactical Tech's mission and values, including an understanding of the geopolitical contexts in which Tactical Tech's work is carried out.
- An appreciation of the diverse socio-cultural, political and historical experiences of the interdependent, global world we live in.
- Previous exposure to privacy, digital security and human rights contexts.
- Already well versed in the topics that fall under Politics of Data.
- Experience of having studied or worked outside of Europe, North America and Australasia.
OtherThis is a junior to mid level position. Graduates with at least two years experience (paid and unpaid) are encouraged to apply. The salary is based upon our internal salary scales for coordinators and is competitive for a Berlin-based non-profit. This is a one-year position, with a three month probation period. We hope to extend this position, depending on available funds and performance. We are looking for people who have the right to live and work in Europe. This position will require some international travel.Please apply via email email@example.com (the PGP Key fingerprint is: F332 42F9 DD5B 91D9 AEF3 108A 6AC5 FEC2 7C8B 5F0D) using the subject line “coordinator” with your CV and a covering letter in a pdf format outlining your suitability for the post by Friday May 12th. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to respond to individual phone and email inquiries.