Senior Social Media and Content Manager
Job details Description ABOUT ONE ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account. ONE’s supporters are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive. ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities. ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application. Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity. ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need. The Senior Social Media & Content Manager (will work closely with the Digital Engagement Director to set and implement social media strategies, supporting both ONE’s campaigns and day-to-day content strategies. They will lead the development of social media messaging and coordinate other members of the Digital Team to ensure the successful delivery of projects. The ideal candidate will be creative and passionate about using digital channels to support campaigning work and engaging supporters online. They will thrive in a work environment that supports innovation and collaborative work with team members and colleagues around the globe. They will have strong experience of running projects, together with a track record of working within a communications, advocacy or campaigning environment. This is a regular, full time position reporting directly to the Digital Engagement Director and is based in our London office. IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Support the Digital Engagement Director on the development and delivery of social media strategies to support Global campaigns.
- Line management responsibilities as maybe required
- Supervise a team of digital content specialists in day-to-day planning, coordination and publishing of content.
- Deputise for the Digital Engagement Director as required.
- Contribute to ONE’s overall digital strategy and help advance ONE’s content output to further engage new and existing supporters.
- Collaborate with communications colleagues to ensure social media strategies are integrated across the organisation.
- Collaborate with Digital colleagues in ONE’s market offices to integrate and amplify market strategies
- Develop campaign messaging working with campaigns and communications colleagues.
- Lead projects from initiation through to final results, incorporating feedback from relevant stakeholders and overseeing project budgets as appropriate.
- Creative collaboration: liaise with design teams, Senior Editorial Manager and Campaigns managers to develop vital social assets
- Supervise the Digital Engagement Managers – creating content and providing support and guidance under direction from the Digital Engagement Director
- Works with Digital Media Manager provide data reports and insights into performance of channels
- Work with the Campaigns team to seek out digital opportunities to deliver ONE’s supporter engagement strategy.
- Help develop and optimise ONE’s supporter engagement across digital channels, promoting tools, features and content, ensuring supporter insights are at the core of every campaign.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging social media channels and technologies – providing insights for the Digital Engagement Director and developing tactics to implement them into ONE’s content strategies.
- Manage own time, prioritising tasks in a fast paced, changing environment and ensure that projects are delivered on time to meet a pre-agreed schedule.
- Exercises independent judgement and may train or mentor less-experienced staff.
- Recommends solutions/best practices and solves complex problems.
- Under minimal direction, plans, conducts and supervises assignments.
- Provide digital leadership to colleagues around the organisation to transfer and develop digital skills
- Additional duties as assigned
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Must possess a minimum of eight years of post-secondary experience or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of digital content and social media.
- Excellent digital writing and editing skills.
- Experience of integrating paid advertising strategies to support campaigns.
- Experience of working with design and brand teams to develop creative direction for projects.
- Experience of managing full time staff and freelancers.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Puts data and supporter insights at the core of everything; ability to define, review and analyse campaigns to understand their success. The ability to link campaign opportunities, objectives and metrics back to business challenges and Key Performance Indicators.
- Experience of using social media management tools such as Hootsuite, Brandwatch and Facebook Business Manager.
- Demonstrable management experience or potential for leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports.
- Ability to work and live in the United Kingdom is required.
- Creative problem solver
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organisation
- Highly organised, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Well organised, detail oriented and analytical
- Takes action and is results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
LANGUAGE SKILLS Fluency in English required. Proficiency in other languages highly preferred such as French and German. TRAVEL Travel up to 5% PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT Remote work environment at the time of hire. In-office work options available and standard office work environment in the future when appropriate to accommodate. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Are you ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease? Please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs! ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web; www.one.org/us/about/contact/). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.