Advocacy Campaigns Manager - UK Ireland
ABOUT ONE ONE is a global campaigning and advocacy organization supported by millions of members from around the world who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and aid that is more effective. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency and advocate for increased domestic investments in development so that these resources can be effectively deployed. With HQ in Washington, DC, we operate from North America, Europe and Africa. ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive. ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work and activities. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about working to end extreme poverty and preventable disease and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application. ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and to contribute to our mission. The Campaigns Manager will lead ONE’s digital and offline campaigns in the UK and Ireland as well as leading on supporter engagement, working closely with the global marketing team. They will develop strategies to attract, recruit and sustain ONE’s supporter base and will amplify ONE’s advocacy efforts through public mobilization. This role will work closely with colleagues across the organisation to develop targeted online and off-line campaigns in the UK and Ireland, and to develop and maintain influential supporter relationships. The jobholder will also manage a campaigns coordinator. They will be a motivated self-starter with experience in creative communications, marketing and campaigns. S/he will be a flexible and enthusiastic team player with a track record of delivering in a fast-moving environment. They will be able to demonstrate excellent understanding of the power of digital channels to engage and motivate supporters. In-depth experience campaigning on development issues is desirable. The Campaigns Manager will report to the UK Director and will be based in our London office, with occasional domestic and international travel as required, in particular to Ireland. IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Devise, develop and deliver impactful, creative online and off-line campaigns which promote ONE’s global, European and UK and Ireland policy and advocacy messages to a diverse audience and contribute to policy change
- Work with the global brand, campaigns and digital teams to coordinate, draft and produce campaigns materials (member emails, action pages, blogs, social contents) that encourage people to get involved and take action, grow our membership, and improve engagement
- Lead on the development and management of the ONE’s supporter engagement strategy in the UK and Ireland, ensuring a growth in the quality and quantity of ONE supporters in line with global targets.
- Engage UK and Ireland-based activists and influential individuals to lobby key decision makers and to support ONE´s advocacy efforts
- Develop and implement strategies for ONE’s online content on UK and Irish social media platforms (principally Facebook and Twitter)
- Support the campaigns coordinator in managing the UK and Ireland Youth Ambassador programmes
- Lead on the design and implementation of stunts, events and other public facing activities
- Play a leading role in relevant NGO coalitions and networks, ensuring both the effectiveness of coalition work and that ONE’s positions are well represented
- Line manage the UK and Ireland campaigns coordinator
- Any other duties as required by the role
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, with a willingness to get stuck in and a positive and proactive approach to tasks
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working within the field of communications, marketing or campaigning, with proven record of performance
- Demonstrable experience of developing innovative online communications and campaigns
- Experience of managing digital campaigns and of working with digital advocacy platforms such as ActionKit and Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience of campaign and email testing
- Experience of email marketing and social media best practices
- Experience of managing projects and organizing large public events
- Experience in working with prominent individuals, such as political leaders would be desirable.
- Experience of building partnerships with influencing stakeholders and establishing and maintaining strong networks.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Line management experience would be desirable
- A commitment to ONE’s aims and a clear understanding of the links between policy, lobbying, campaigning and media work
IN RETURN, WE OFFER:
- A fantastic opportunity to make an impact in the world.
- Working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organization in a supportive work environment.
- An amazing and vibrant team.
- And much more!!!
INTERESTED? LET’S CHAT Please submit an application, CV, cover letter (including your salary history) AND your desired salary on our jobs page at jobs.one.org. Please be advised that is a rolling recruitment, and that we will conclude the process once the right person has been selected for the job. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls please. Only candidates authorized to work in the U.K. without any restrictions need apply. EOE M/F/D/V