Campaigns and Ambassador Officers (Campaigns Lead) Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum + excellent benefits Location: Angel, London then Stratford, London from October 2019 Positions available: 2 Contract lengths: 1x Permanent and 1x 12 month fixed-term. Please state your preference within your cover letter. Are you a skilled communicator with a passion for motivating campaigners to beat cancer? At CRUK we work to inspire volunteers, unite the scientific community, educate the public and tell our story to governments to bring about change. Our Campaigns and Ambassador Officers will empower supporters to influence their elected representatives and change government policy for people who are, or will be, affected by cancer. What will you be doing? We are looking for two skilled communicators to help keep cancer high on the political agenda by:
- Supporting the development of the campaigning function for CRUK, including online and offline activity.
- Creating and building innovative digital campaigning actions, emails and social content which engages supporters and the public.
- Work alongside other teams across the charity, including Public Affairs, Policy Development, Prevention and the Communications department, to develop messages and secure publicity and support for campaigns.
To view a full job description please click here. Why this role? Cancer Research UK has a history of mobilising supporters to achieve political change – for example ‘Smokefree Workplaces’, investment in radiotherapy services, and ensuring tobacco will be sold in plain, standardised cigarette packs. By joining our award-winning team, you’ll gain an in-depth knowledge of our organisation and campaigning whilst developing all the skills and experience you need for your future career. Who are we looking for? To join our team, you’ll need:
- Experience of mobilising charity supporters to act.
- Excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills, including experience of writing for different audiences.
- Project management experience including initiating, planning, implementing and evaluating campaigns
- Experience and a strong interest in using data to develop and evaluate supporter engagement strategies and campaigns.
- A strong Interest in understanding how supporters can be part of national and local policy change.
- Experience or a strong interest in using digital campaign tools to mobilise supporters.
- Proven ability to develop new and existing collaborative relationships with staff and supporters.
We can’t achieve our ambitious strategy without influencing public policy on a national and local scale, so we need to ensure we have the strongest political campaigning team possible to help our supporters and the general public get their voices heard on key cancer issues. You’ll need the ability to engage and persuade people to take action, convey complex policy ideas succinctly and have creativity. If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career with us. Together we will beat cancer. We ask that candidates submit a CV and cover letter explaining why they feel they are interested in CRUK and why feel they are a good fit for the role as part of their application. Closing date: Sunday 25th August 2019, 23:55 At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner. Please note, from October 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.