INTERNATIONAL TIBET NETWORKJOB DESCRIPTION - CAMPAIGNS COORDINATOR The International Tibet Network is a global coalition of over 120 Tibet-related non-governmental organisations dedicated to campaigning to end human rights violations in Tibet and restoring rights to the Tibetan people. The Network’s purpose is to maximise the effectiveness of the worldwide Tibet movement by increasing the capacity of individual member organisations, developing coordinated strategic campaigns, and supporting increased cooperation among organisations, thereby strengthening the Tibet movement as a whole. We partner with other linked organisations to build strong, cross-movement strategies that work to make lasting change. Our members are committed to non-violence as a fundamental principle of the Tibetan struggle. We regard Tibet as an occupied country and recognise the Tibetan Government in Exile as the sole legitimate government of the Tibetan people. Beyond these principles, the International Tibet Network respects the variety of views and opinions of its member organisations. Application Process: Application form download You can return your completed application form by email to email@example.com The deadline for applications is 12 Noon UK time on Friday 14 May Interviews will take place on 19/20/21 May Job Title: Campaigns Coordinator | Reporting to: Executive Director Duration of Contract: Permanent position after six-month probation period and appraisal. Contracted hours: Full-time (5 days/40 hours) but we offer a range of flexible working arrangements and are open to discuss less days/hours with applicants. The post holder will be expected to work the occasional evening or weekend for time off in lieu. Salary: Salaries are determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, and where you live. For some context: this position working from home in London would pay between £28,000 - £34,500 pro rata depending on experience - this level will be adjusted in other regions based on cost of living. Benefits: We offer a variety of benefits depending on location. Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in addition to statutory holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year. Location: International Tibet Network is a predominantly remote and globally distributed team. Job Title: Campaigns Coordinator
- Primary Purpose:
The Campaigns Coordinator is a key member of Tibet Network’s team. You will be responsible for overseeing and developing a range of strategic priority campaigns within the framework of Tibet Network’s Strategic Plan, and supporting global implementation via Regional Coordinators, Steering Committee Members and relationships with global Tibet Network Members and allies.
- Main Responsibilities:
- Develop priority campaign strategies - see current priority campaigns HERE and the Network Strategic Framework HERE
- Work in consultation with appropriate campaign experts within and outside the Tibet movement and keep abreast of relevant new areas of work.
- Build consensus from Network member organizations about the most appropriate campaigns for development.
- To encourage Network members to work collaboratively and in coordination as part of campaign working groups within the Strategic Framework.
- To work closely with the Executive Director in the development and implementation of a Strategic Planning process for future priority campaigns as appropriate.
- Support appropriate campaign coordination mechanisms that give Network Member organizations maximum involvement.
- To undertake (or commission and be responsible for) essential research to support different campaigns within the Strategic Framework.
- Provide clear campaign strategies and action plans with objectives, tactics, timelines.
- Provide appropriate campaign resources and materials for Tibet Groups to implement priority campaigns. These may include (but not be limited to) the following:
- News & Information summaries at appropriate times
- Background briefings, profiles etc
- Online briefings/discussions (both development and participation)
- Campaign websites
- Talking Points and Sample Press statements
- Petitions, email Actions, postcards
- Graphics and videos
- Other relevant materials/resources
- Oversee the development of campaign materials and resources for use by Tibet Groups across the regions/in a range of languages in coordination with the Latin America Regional Coordinator and Translation Officer
MEMBER GROUP SUPPORT:
- Engage in outreach to Network members to generate maximum “buy-in” of campaigns.
- Maintain regular contact with Tibet Groups for updates on activities, feed back to proposals etc.
- Work with larger Tibet Groups to understand priorities and to help deliver integrated, coordinated campaigns.
- Work with the Executive Director and Membership and Development Coordinator to develop strong training and workshop programmes (online and in-person sessions), plan and organise Regional Meetings (every 12 months) and full membership meetings (every 3 years).
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director and the Digital Media Coordinator to develop the Network’s campaign websites, keep them updated and ensure information is accurate and important developments are included.
- Work with the Executive Director and Digital Media Coordinator to develop strong social media strategies, resources and materials.
- Plan, draft and set timely Members messages with relevant campaign information and materials.
- Plan, draft and set online urgent actions and petitions.
- Help support the Executive Director with fundraising and supporter messages when required.
- Deliver campaign messaging and promotion by coordinating and taking part in online discussions and press briefings.
- Manage and motivate the campaign team and encourage staff to be effective and innovative in all aspects of their work.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to devise and execute solid mechanisms to evaluate campaigns in a timely manner and help support the Membership and Development Coordinator to carry out evaluations.
- Develop benchmarks for monitoring implementation of the Plan, and provide regular progress reports to Tibet Groups.
- Assist the Executive Director and other staff in consulting Member organizations as part of evaluation processes.
- Attend and periodically organise weekly Team meetings, other campaign meetings.
- Attend Steering Committee meetings and deliver Campaign Updates when needed.
- Provide information to the Executive Director concerning campaign and other related information and assist in preparation of proposals for consideration by the Steering Committee.
- Manage Campaign Budgets and timesheets and oversee the work of relevant team members to do the same if needed.
- Provide information for reports to funders as requested by the Executive Director.
- Develop the Network's legitimacy, reputation and influence, and foster good relations with the Tibetan Government in exile, funders and with appropriate statutory, voluntary and private bodies, as well as members of the Network.
- Act as a spokesperson for the Network where appropriate.
SKILLS, QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE ABOUT YOU: You’ll be an experienced energetic campaigner and communicator who is passionate about building strong, strategic and coordinated campaigns. You will have experience of managing projects, communicating with diverse groups, creating strong tactics and good online content in order to engage a range of audiences. Tibet Network is a small team that works remotely but closely together. The position is unique and you will find yourself involved in multiple aspects of the Secretariat and Network and be expert at juggling multiple projects and supporting the Team’s efforts. ESSENTIAL:
- At least five years relevant experience in a campaign position for a civil society, or equivalent, organisation.
- Experience of strategic planning across a variety of campaign areas including advocacy and grassroots - and proven delivery and implementation.
- Proof of knowledge and understanding of complicated human and civil rights issues.
- Ability to work as part of a small, diverse and remote team, as well as experience of managing members of staff.
- Ability to write accurate, clear, concise and engaging campaign materials and resources for a variety of areas with meticulous and consistent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills with the capability of managing a diverse workload, to prioritise well and to adjust work focus when needed.
- Proven interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to identify and cultivate a wide range of contacts and key relationships, and ability to motivate a wide range of groups and individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including remotely/online.
- Proven record of managing advocacy campaigns including government experience.
- Strong experience of working with digital and online tools and developing strong social media campaigns for example using Mailchimp and other online platforms.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining solid recording systems and coordinating an efficient flow of communications and information.
- Experience of managing conflicting demands, meeting deadlines and adjusting priorities for yourself and as part of a team.
- Ability to use sound judgment and initiative, solve problems and provide constructive inputs.
- Experience of working collaboratively in a team and understanding of the importance of efficient communications for the coordination and effective functioning of teams, and being able to work unsupervised as part of a remote team.
- Strong written and verbal English is essential; in addition, the ability to work in Tibetan language will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the specific issues about Tibet along with a clear understanding of and commitment to human rights issues.
- Experience of managing multilateral advocacy campaigns for example United Nations Human Rights Council experience.
- Ability to deputise for the Executive Director if needed.
If you have any questions about your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org