- Act as point of contact for our volunteer grassroots groups across the country.
- Assist with our monthly conference calls and grassroots meetings.
- Support the creation of new RESULTS grassroots campaigning groups.
- Proactively seek new advertising and promotion opportunities to recruit new grassroots campaigners, including researching and organising outreach activity.
- Contribute to project management of the annual RESULTS National Conference.Assist in the development of monthly campaign actions for grassroots advocates and in the drafting of campaign materials.
- Assist with the preparation of training events and webinars.
- Manage correspondence and tracking of campaigners interested in getting involved with RESULTS, in accordance with data protection legislation.
- Create and share social media content for Facebook and Twitter, and contribute to the RESULTS blog.
- Record campaign actions and support Monitoring & Evaluation processes.
- Write content for our monthly campaigner e-newsletter.
- Carry out other duties as necessary, including administrative support to the wider office.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of campaigning, preferably on international development issues, including experience gained in a voluntary capacity.
- Experience of using social media – Twitter, Facebook, blogging.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to write for a range of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Experience providing logistical/administrative support to meetings and events.
- A willingness to pick up the phone, and to be the point of contact with callers.
- A basic understanding of the workings of the UK Government and Parliament.
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Computer literacy.
- Willingness and flexibility to work across a range of tasks and activities.
- A passion for international development and desire to end global poverty.
- Enjoys working with campaigners and grassroots volunteers.
- Self-starting, highly organised, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to respond flexibly to changing priorities, and to work to deadlines.
- A team player who enjoys supporting other team members and workingtogether for common objectives.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Willing to travel in the UK and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience working with or managing volunteers.
- Experience of using social media in a professional context.
junior (entry level, intern, apprentice, minimal experience)
paid job within an organisation
London, England, UK
Closing date for applications:
Friday, January 18, 2019 - 17:00