Communications and Development Assistant
Theatre for a Change specialises in innovative approaches to the empowerment of the most vulnerable and marginalised women and girls. We work in Malawi and Ghana and we are expanding into new countries in partnership with other organisations. This is an opportunity to join a small, creative and dynamic team in the UK which is leading on the development of these new partnerships while supporting existing work in the above countries with fundraising and technical assistance. Communications is at the heart of what Theatre for a Change does best – enabling people to tell their story to bring about personal and social change. AIM 1: To build the profile of the Theatre for a Change Partnership in the UK and internationally. Deliverable: To reach targeted number of new supporters and stakeholders through increasing the profile of the charity
- To agree targets with the Head of Grants, and to provide an update on progress on a weekly basis.
- To provide an internal communications update to all 65 staff, reflecting any internal news and responding to the external environment.
- To lead on digital and social media communications.
- To co-ordinate, design and circulate quarterly e-newsletter to donors, funders and friends of Theatre for a Change.
- To ensure the website is updated to reflect all internal changes and respond to the external environment.
- To produce and disseminate a Theatre for a Change partnership annual report.
- To ensure that all external communications adhere to the Theatre for a Change brand guidelines.
- To promote Theatre for a Change in UK press and media.
- To work closely with the Interactive Theatre Programme Co-ordinator to support the development of communications approaches and documents needed for the New Partnership Programme.
AIM 2: To actively support fundraising initiatives and events taking part in the UK and internationally. Deliverable: To achieve targeted amount of restricted and unrestricted funding from individual donors.
- To agree targets with the Head of Grants, and to provide an update on progress on a monthly basis.
- To update and manage the organisational database.
- To support all current Challenge for Change events.
- To sign up new supporters to future Challenge for Change events.
- To communicate regularly with all individual supporters.
- To manage the CAF giving system.
- To ensure all gift aid is claimed from all individual supporters.
- To deliver an event in Sept 2017 focussing on our work in Ghana and Malawi with women in sex work.
- To plan the fundraising event for World Aids Day in December 2017.
- To develop excellent relationships with staff across the Theatre for a Change Partnership and the New Partnership Programme.
- To support the administration of quarterly Trustee meetings and Strategy Development meetings.
- To develop and maintain a good understanding of gender and development issues and remain informed on the activities of the Theatre for a Change Partnership.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Fundraising and Grants Manager and Executive Director.
- To provide regular work reports to the Fundraising and Grants Manager and to be administratively self-sufficient.
- To adhere to and work within Theatre for a Change practices and policies including those relating to Equal Opportunities.
- To commit to living and promoting Theatre for a Change’s values.
Person Specification You are:
- Passionate about the goal of Theatre for a Change and aware of the key issues underpinning it
- An outstanding communicator to a range of audiences
- Confident and proactive in developing new contacts and initiatives that have tangible benefit either financially or strategically for the organisation
- Innovative and creative
- Efficient and focused
- Skilled in Word, Excel and Powerpoint