Are you interested in the charity sector and how it’s funded? Do you know how to communicate in a clear and engaging way? We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Communications Manager to help take our work forward into its crucial next phase. The role We are looking for a Communications Manager to join our high-performing and enthusiastic team. This is a new role that includes engaging with 360Giving’s target audience and key stakeholders, ensuring that our messaging, branding and engagement is clear and that it complements 360Giving’s overall strategy. You will be expected to draft press releases, blogs, reports, a newsletter and op eds; manage all social media accounts; maintain our website; organise external events; as well as supporting with fundraising and other operations tasks. This is a full-time position based in our central London office. Some UK travel may be required. Core responsibilities
- Review and implement 360Giving’s communications strategy: Lead on implementing 360Giving’s communications strategy, including setting short and long-term goals. Ensure our communications and branding continue to complement 360Giving’s overall strategy, obtaining the level of profile and coverage expected.
- Write articles, reports, a newsletter and press releases and commission accompanying media: Draft articles and blogs for the 360Giving website and to pitch to external media outlets. Conduct interviews and commission guest articles and case studies, including any images and films to accompany them. Publish a regular newsletter and an annual report. Draft press releases as needed and manage the press list.
- Manage the website and social media accounts: Ensure the website remains relevant and up to date. Manage all social media accounts. Monitor visitor numbers, social media followers and ensure the platforms are regularly maintained.
- Organise external events that profile our work: Maintain a communications and events calendar. Lead on organising external networking and profiling events that showcase our work.
- Support with fundraising and operations: Contribute to the development of the overall fundraising strategy and support with preparing proposals and reports to funders. Support with strategic and operational planning.
- Organised self-starter with an eye for detail.
- Great writing, editing and storytelling skills.
- Experience of implementing communications strategies and associated budget.
- Experience of managing different social media accounts and Wordpress websites.
- Demonstrable experience of contracting and project management.
- Experience of DTP, visual design and video editing an advantage.
- Interest in philanthropy and/or open data initiatives and how they support civil society.
How to apply Please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages by midnight, Sunday 30th June outlining: Why you want to work at 360Giving and why you are suitable for the role, addressing the responsibilities and requirements listed in the job description, to firstname.lastname@example.org Any enquiries about this position can be sent to the same email address. No phone calls please. For more details and to download the job description, visit: http://www.threesixtygiving.org/about/vacancies/ Eligible candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK. We particularly encourage applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented in the philanthropy and technology sectors that we are working in.