MAIN DUTIES Internal/External Communications
- Develops, leads, delivers and monitors an overarching communications strategy;
- Designs and implements the communications’ annual work plan and coordinates the production and dissemination of print and online communications, audio-visual materials and outputs;
- Leads on organisation's digital and social media strategy development and implementation;
- Designs and develops digital and audio-visual content (videos, podcasts, branded digital and printed materials, banners, publications, reports, infographics, etc.);
- Sets up, deploys, tracks and optimises all MHE communications (monthly newsletters, bi-monthly digests, ad-hoc mail blasts and newsflashes, press releases, articles, and blog posts);
- Plans and implements changes to MHE communications: visual identity, review and development of communication channels, structural website updates and changes;
- Assesses and evaluates the impact of MHE's work through quantitative & quality indicators;
- Supports communication dimension of policy and advocacy work;
- Supports the development of strategic partnerships and external collaborations;
- Creates and implements various awareness-raising campaigns & social media activations around international observances and specific events;
- Tracks communication opportunities for story placement and other publicity as they arise.
- Supports the development and delivery of a fundraising strategy;
- Supports the implementation of fundraising activities, including the development of online tools and campaigns for fundraising purposes;
- Contributes to the ongoing mapping of corporate and individual sponsorship opportunities;
- Supports MHE's external visibility, develops relevant materials and messages to inform existing and potential donors of MHE's work;
- Supports in drafting project applications and reports about ongoing projects.
- Cultivates and leads on media relations;
- Develops and maintains contacts with press, journalists, media and communication people in Brussels;
- Acts as primary contact for media enquiries and requests.
- Supports the organisation of events (European Parliament hearings, capacity-building seminars, MHE General Assembly, webinars, etc.);
- Attends external events as MHE representative when required.
- Supports the development and delivery of a membership strategy;
- Supports stronger membership engagement through active involvement of MHE members in the design and delivery of MHE communication activities, allowing their work and the voice of the people they serve to be heard at the European level;
- Manages the coordination of MHE's Communications Taskforce.
- Monitors all web/social media analytics, produces regular reports on MHE exposure and suggests improvements to MHE's online platforms & digital strategy;
- Supports with ensuring smooth IT solutions in the team (cloud sharing, project management, remote communication tools, CRM, other tools - i.e. available via SocialWare);
- Monitors the current trends in social media tools, new technical developments and applications and ensure best practice is adopted, and MHE's digital strategy is up to date and dynamic.
- Coordinates the work of the Communications team;
- Contributes to the onboarding of the new staff;
- Builds staff capacity where needed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION Essential:
- Educated at university level in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of work experience in communications in an international/European environment (traditional and digital communications)
- Experience working in a European/international NGO
- Fluency in English – native level (written and spoken). Language skills will be tested during the interview with a writing exercise
- Proven track record of developing communication strategies and moving them forward
- Excellent drafting skills (articles, website items, social media)
- Experience in supporting fundraising actions
- Experience in working with media and experience in relationship and network building with journalists
- Excellent communication and analytical skills: the ability to translate complex information into accessible content for all audiences
- Digital proficiency: excellent knowledge of CMS (WordPress), email marketing providers (MailChimp), multimedia tools and editing software (Adobe CC)
- Strong aptitude for creative and visual communications, storytelling and campaigning
- Good knowledge of the EU context - both EU media landscape and policy environments
- Commitment to MHE’s approach to mental health and disability
- High sense of priority setting, and the ability to react quickly and work autonomously
- Very good interpersonal skills and teamwork, ability to work in a small, busy, international team
- Willingness to occasionally travel and, rarely, work on weekends when/if necessary
- Good knowledge of the mental health field or proven interest or experience in the sector
- Good understanding of policy and advocacy for mental health and/or wellbeing
- Experience in supervising a small team
- Knowledge of other European languages (preferably French or Dutch)
WHAT WE OFFER
- The possibility to contribute to better mental health for all;
- Work in a friendly, creative, flexible working environment at the heart of the Brussels EU district in a small, dynamic, open-minded and international team;
- An interesting monthly gross salary according to experience;
- Hospitalisation insurance, pension scheme, contribution to public transport, thirteenth month, and lunch vouchers;MHE is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should be submitted to MHE Acting Director Liuska Sanna via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25 September 2021. Please specify in the email subject “Application for MHE Communications post”. Applications should include the following attachments:
- A cover letter (no longer than 1 page) describing how the candidate’s profile matches the different job requirements and what the motivation for the post is.
- A CV, including details of two persons who can be contacted for references.
- A document (max 1/2 page) in which you write a blog post on MHE’s stand on the right to vote for people with psychosocial disabilities.
- Links to 2-3 online samples of your written and design work (press releases, blogs, videos, etc.)
The closing date for applications: 25 September 2021 Date of interviews: the week commencing 27 September (conducted remotely) Starting date employment: as soon as possible All applicants must be qualified, eligible and able to work in Belgium. We are unfortunately not able to provide financial assistance to relocate to Brussels/Belgium. Due to the large number of applications foreseen, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in our vacancy.