Job title: Communications OfficerArea: Communications – Online and PrintLine manager: Head of Communications and PolicyHours: Full time 5 days a weekContract: PermanentSalary: £25,000 – £28,000 p.a. Purpose of roleThis post will support our Head of Communications to develop our positioning and profile and implement integrated communication andmarketing strategies for all our work programmes. It will also include implementing our website refresh and designing a range of content in-housefor both digital and print collateral. The post holder will also lead communication strategies for specified work programmes, incorporatingtheir creation, delivery and evaluation. Job responsibilitiesOnline communications (website, social media and e-comms)
- Contribute to and then implement the strategy for refresh and redevelopment of Young Foundation website to reflect our strategic direction
- Assist with review, development, integration and messaging of all allied websites.e.g the Young Academy
- Take responsibility for managing day-to-day content on website. Write copy for the website and update content as required.
- Implement message discipline on all social media channels to ensure integration, clarity of messaging and increased engagement by producinginnovative, compelling content.
- Maintaining and building our social media presence through Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other networks as appropriate.
- Design and distribute regular e-newsletters and Young Foundation updates.
- Ensure effective monitoring of all online channels through use of Google Analytics for web and social media analytics producing regular reports for senior managers and board of Trustees.
- Assist Head of Communications to implement a marketing strategy for the organisation, utilizing in-house software packages to design publications and a range of infographics including reports and promotional materials.
- Lead on liaison with a range of designers and printers to commission other design content as required keeping to deadlines and ensuring quality control.
- Maintaining brand guidelines for all Young Foundation publications and outputs.
- Plan and deliver all project communication outputs as required.
- Lead a range of specified project outputs for named organisational programmes as required by the Head of Communications
- Work with the Head of Communications on event planning and management of events including leading event planning as required
- Contribute to maintaining our database, member and contact record system and ensure events invitees’ database is up to date.
- Assist Head of Communications on media dissemination strategies for the organisation and all its relevant work programmes
- Work with the Head of Communications to ensure The Young Foundation takes advantage of any external media possibilities by ensuring effective horizon scanning and media monitoring
- Ensure all media lists are kept updated and assist Head of Communications with all media relations.
- Working with colleagues, support GDPR compliance
Person specificationEssential Experience:
- Experience of website content management systems (including WordPress) and website development.
- Proven experience of producing/project managing the development of websites for organisations
- Proven experience of design outputs utilizing Adobe Photoshop and InDesign packages
- Proven track record of using digital communications to achieve communications objectives
- Experience of using monitoring tools to measure impact and performance.
- Experience of producing and designing publications and overseeing brand development and implementation.
- Experience of events organisation.
Skills & abilities:
- Excellent creative design skills, written and oral communications skills with an eye for detail.
- Proven ability to grasp sometimes complex information and convert it into simple and accessible language
- Working well under pressure and to deadlines.
- A good team player who understands what it is like to work as part of a small, busy team.
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of how to implement a social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), strategy and integration with fundraising/marketing.
- Project management methods