Consultancy Manager Salary: £35,000DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 17:00, 28 August 2019INTERVIEWS: 3-4 September 2019 in London About us The Social Change Agency helps build people-powered movements that change the world. We are experts in creating social impact using communication, community organising, crowdfunding, peer networks, innovation, and systemic and organisational change. We combine tried and tested approaches with cutting edge tools and perspectives. And we offer strategic consulting, programme design and delivery, training, workshops and more. We have grown a lot over the last year, and have big ideas coming to fruition; this role is a vital part of our journey. We have worked with a wide range of great clients including, Shelter, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, DFID, Marks and Spencers, Power to Change and more. Our trainings and events attract some of the brightest and best social changemakers in the land. Through grant funding, we also incubate, build and support social movements including Young Trustees Movement, The Youth Climate Strikes and the Women’s March London, and we have brought innovative products to market, such as The Movement Building Canvasand Lost Voices. We are a BCorp business and a Living Wage Employer. Job overview The role involves supporting and building the work of the consultancy team of SCA. This includes supporting; a small team of officers, who manage a variety of projects and programmes, including our flagship Losing Control Network, clients looking for movement building support such as Shelter, King’s College London and Active Gloucestershire, and our long term programmes created in partnership with clients and co-conspirators such Community Center/ed with The Peel. The position will also involve some business development with clients, alongside ensuring our consultancy work is delivered on time, in budget and to a high standard. Key Responsibilities
- Manage the consultancy team including;
- Lead the sales process for client work, including initial meetings, identifying how SCA could help the client, developing a proposal, and finalising negotiations to sale.
- Oversee a range of active client briefs and pitches throughout the team including; creating project budgets, developing project plans, defining objectives, allocating and managing tasks, and delivering work to time, budget and quality standards.
- Oversee client relationships, taking responsibility for all interactions with the client base to ensure our work always reflects the client’s needs and meets expectations.
- Oversee the design and management of projects that provide information, ideas and recommendations that will help our clients and programmes to reach maximum impact.
- Line manage the consultancy team, ensuring they are supported to deliver on their objectives and develop their skills
- Help to identify and secure funding opportunities for projects.
- Support our programme and innovation work.
- Liaise with funders and sponsors where appropriate
Skills and experience required
- Experience of managing a team, projects and budgets.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a consultancy environment, a professional client facing role or delivering campaigns/organising.
- Experience or knowledge in the following areas; social change methods, movement building, network development, campaigning and systems change/organising/community development, communication and influencing.
- Understanding of social innovation, entrepreneurship and tech for good is desirable.
- Exemplary facilitation and presentation skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- A good understanding of varied communication channels, including social media and digital platforms.
- Common sense, understanding current affairs and critical thinking.
- Enthusiasm for the cause and an interest in social change
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Experience of project management and reporting to senior management.
This role will be suitable for: A curious person with a background in client management and an interest in social justice, organising, campaigning, systems thinking and social innovation outside the charity sector. Someone who is keen to make an impact with a small team, and happy working on their own initiative with energy, enthusiasm and good humour. A natural connector of people and ideas, who is collaborative, approachable and flexible by nature. Reports to: Principal Director Salary: £35,000 Contract: 37.5 hours per week, 1 year fixed term contract – with a view to extend if possible. Location: Kings Cross, London. Holiday: 25 days all plus bank holidays, 2 days off for trustee or voluntary time. How to apply: Please send us a CV and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in the role and what you think you can contribute to SCA to email@example.com If you would like to contact us to discuss the role further, please get in touch and we can arrange a time – email firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for application: 28th August 2019, 17:00 Interviews: 3rd & 4th September 2019 in our offices in Kings Cross, London. Equal Opportunity Employer: The Social Change Agency is committed to the diversity of our team. We encourage applications from all suitability qualified people regardless of age, gender expression, sexuality, race, disability and ethnicity. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK independently, as we unfortunately are unable to provide visa sponsorship.