Data and Analytics Manager
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need. The Data & Analytics Manager is responsible for leading the effective collection, analysis and reporting of data to inform ONE’s campaigning and marketing strategy – including metrics related to website traffic; social media; and ONE’s CRM. The ideal candidate will be creative and passionate about data analytics and insights, thriving in a work environment that supports innovation and collaborative work with team members and colleagues around the globe. They will have strong experience of managing projects, together with a track record of working within a communications, advocacy or campaigning environment. This is a full time, exempt opportunity reporting directly to the Senior Director, Global Digital, based in our Washington DC or London office. IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Lead the collection and analysis of campaign and marketing data in order to develop actionable insights and advise on strategy. Collaborate with team members to design and execute testing, then coordinate the collection, analysis and reporting out of results - with the goal of significantly scaling the amount of regular testing the department undertakes and helping the department meet ambitious targets.
- Work with market teams to identify additional key performance indicators to track, and develop benchmarks.
- Oversee analytics reporting, including the production of monthly reports & campaign readouts and preparation for regular metrics meetings.
- Coordinate polling and data gathering projects in order to better identify ONE’s audiences and help improve audience targeting and segmenting.
- Support the maintenance of ONE’s database to ensure clean and accurate data organization.
- Serve as an expert resource to team members in the area of data and analytics.
- Conduct other data and analytics projects as required.
- Keep on top of relevant innovations in technology and data.
- Exercise independent judgement and may train or mentor less-experienced staff.
- Recommends solutions/best practices and solves complex problems.
- Under minimal supervision, plans, conducts and supervises assignments.
- Manage data analyst or related positions as needed.
- Supervise the work of external consultants and agencies
- Responsible for managing expenditures within the approved budget, researching projected costs for departmental activities and ensuring proper approvals have been obtained for business expenditures.
- Additional duties as determined
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience.
- Demonstrates specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in data analytics and insights in a marketing and campaigning environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, methodical thinking and problem-solving ability, innovative at creating solutions.
- Ability to present analytical results visually including the use of advanced data visualization tools.
- Ability to identify and develop data driven insights and provide analytical support and statistical analysis.
- Detail oriented and able to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to interrogate data and projects to derive lessons and the tenacity to implement these for future initiatives.
- Experience of communicating data insights to senior leadership.
- Experience with managing data using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, specifically ActionKit.
- Experience of Google Analytics.
- Advanced experience in Excel including using pivot tables.
- Experience with databases, data extraction, reporting and analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Experience of Tableau.
- Demonstrated entry-level management experience or potential for leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
- Travel up to 5% international and/or domestic
- Ability to work and live in the United States or United Kingdom is required
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages highly preferred such as French or German highly desired. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: (Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions that are required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.) Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. ABOUT ONE ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account. ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out —organising, mobilising, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive. ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives —and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities. ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application. Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organisation and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs (http://www.one.org/jobs). ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web; www.one.org/us/about/contact/). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.