Digital Strategist — Contractor Duration: 3 months with strong possibility of extension. Start date: ASAP. Location: flexible, with potential travel to London required occasionally. Compensation: £140-£150 per day About Bite Back 2030 Be part of the creative and agile team behind Bite Back 2030’s exceptional teenage activists. Join us as a Digital Strategist and contribute to a 10-year journey to help make the food system healthier and fairer and achieve our goal of halving childhood obesity by 2030. Young people today are up against a flood of unhealthy food, pouring out of our highstreets, supermarkets and school canteens. As a result processed foods, snacks, soft drinks and takeaways are playing too big a role in their lives. Junk food is cheap and easy to access at a time when 3.3 million young people under the age of 18 have overweight or obesity. Rates among our poorest are double those of our wealthiest young people. Covid-19 has only further served to highlight the injustices in the food system and sharpen the focus on the impact obesity has on health outcomes. There is a political moment now to accelerate change. We believe young people are the key voice in driving this change in our food system. It is a really exciting time to join the organisation — we are still a start-up but with ambitious plans for growth and impact. We are planning to grow a digital movement of 100,000+ people by 2023 to raise their voice and drive impact on local and national campaigns, in support of incredible young campaigners like Christina and Dev who head up our movement. About the Role We are seeking a creative, experienced Digital Strategist on a three-month contract to lead an exciting new step in our mission to grow a movement of 100,000+ people raising their voice for child health in the UK. This role will bring creativity and innovation to developing and executing digital mobilisation strategies, aiming to grow the number of young people subscribed to our mailing list, and engaged in our campaigns. This role will kick-start a new focus on growing Bite Back 2030’s digital youth movement, leading paid social media strategies, digital content development, email strategies, and mobilisation on a brand new campaign to improve school food in the UK. It is being advertised as a three month contract, with strong possibility of extension into a full-time, permanent role at Bite Back 2030. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and especially encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Deliverables:
- Oversee execution of Bite Back 2030 email strategy including:
- Planning email calendar for May - July 2021 to ensure our youth audience is educated, engaged, and mobilised around our brand and campaigns with a weekly email (minimum) to this effect.
- Coordinate with our Youth Board to collate their input on the content, tone and message of email communications.
- Copy-editing, building and sending emails, with a minimum of one per week sent to each supporter.
- Designing and implementing strategic A/B tests on each email, to ensure emails are achieving high open and click-through rates.
- Data analysis to monitor performance of email campaigns, with monthly data reports delivered to the Head of Mobilisation. This should include tracking the topics, messaging, and campaign actions that perform best and reporting back to the campaigns and communications team to propose new approaches accordingly.
- Build a wishlist of 50+ digital influencers and platforms with large Gen Z audiences for Bite Back 2030 to partner with, building relationships and collaborations with 5+ over the duration of the contract to share Bite Back 2030 campaigns, actions, and content to elevate the voices of young campaigners.
- Develop and execute strategy to mobilise the British public to participate in a campaign to improve school food nationwide. This includes:
- Driving 10,000+ young people to take a survey detailing their experiences of school food, and take action in their schools.
- Working in close collaboration with the campaigns team to copy-write and build the survey.
- Build and execute strategy for competition to incentivize young people to complete the survey.
- Driving an adult voter audience to take actions (e.g. signing petitions, emailing their MP etc) pressuring the UK Government to make national policy change to improve school food.
- Copy-writing and building political campaign actions (e.g. petitions, emails to MPs, etc).
- Lead digital promotional strategy for the above — including:
- Lead production of digital content to promote the survey and other campaign actions — including graphics, video content, and ‘how-to’ guides to encourage offline actions in schools.
- Design and execute paid social media strategy, driving engagement and conversions on the survey and other campaign actions.
- Outreach to influencers and youth organisations / social media profiles, particularly those with a large Gen Z audience.
- Overseeing email calendar and supporter journey — calendaring, A/B testing, copy-editing and completing data analysis on results.
- Work closely with Bite Back 2030 young leaders and the campaigns team to design and promote other creative digital actions for young people to take to influence government and business to improve child health. This might include petitions, emails or tweets, meeting with MPs, rallying friends to join the movement, or telling their personal stories through traditional and social media.
- Support the management of Bite Back 2030’s website as required. This may include writing and uploading content, data analytics, and SEO.
- The role may include other responsibilities as required.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled so we encourage you to get in touch ASAP if you are interested.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any more information.