Are you looking for the chance to lead a growing “Tech For Good” organisation? The Big Give is a platform which brings charities, philanthropists and the public together to multiply their impact, and is responsible for raising over £113m for good causes since 2008. We run the UK’s biggest online match funding campaign, The Christmas Challenge. We’re hiring for an Interim Director (1 year fixed-term initially with the potential for a permanent position) in an exciting period in the organisation’s growth, working to a goal of raising £1bn for good causes. You will be given autonomy and responsibility to lead this small but effective organisation at the cutting edge of philanthropy and online fundraising for charities in the UK. As well as having experience of leadership within a non-profit / “social good” organisation, you’ll have a strong technical understanding of software development and agile delivery. You will have experience of fundraising within the UK charity sector and and an understanding of the latest developments and trends in philanthropy, taking the lead on growing our cohort of match funding “Champions”. This is a hands on role and you will be equally comfortable working with the team testing key product releases as you are representing the Big Give at external events. You will be responsible for leading a team of five other members of staff, supported by a network of suppliers/partners, and will report to the Board of Trustees of the Big Give. We’re located in Holborn where we’re hosted by Reed.co.uk (UK’s #1 Job Site). This means you will get all of the benefits of working in a small non-profit team with a start-up mindset, while being supported by a much larger business which provides support, advice and guidance. Whilst this is an interim position initially, we’re happy to discuss longer term opportunities and/or part-time working for the right candidate. What you’ll do
- Leadership: Externally - representing the Big Give and leading on key stakeholder relationships. Internally - setting a culture in which the team can thrive and flourish. Managing three direct reports.
- Strategic direction: Working with the board to set strategic objectives/success measures and responsible for turning these goals into reality.
- Product road map: Responsible for determining the product road map for short, medium and long-term releases for the platform.
- Philanthropic partnerships: Managing existing partnerships and developing new relationships with match funding “Champions” including Trusts/Foundations, Companies, Public Funders and High Net Worth Individuals.
- Campaign planning/implementation/reporting: Working with the Big Give team to plan and execute match funding campaigns, including our biggest campaign, The Christmas Challenge.
- Financial/operational: Responsible for the P&L of the organisation, identifying new revenue generating activity and ensuring the successful day-to-day running of the organisation.
- A passion for the Big Give’s mission to provide a platform to promote causes and inspire people to give.
- An experienced and natural leader with the ability to inspire and get things done.
- An effective communicator.
- An entrepreneurial approach, able to spot commercial opportunities.
- A “tech first” person who understands agile and design principles.
- Enjoys working as part of a small and successful team.
What you’ll need
- Experience of leading small teams with a “start-up” mindset.
- Experience of working in software development and with a strong understanding of tech stack (ideally within fundraising / e-commerce sectors).
- Experience of charity fundraising, particularly online.
- Experience of winning/managing high-value partnerships (ideally from a fundraising perspective).
- An understanding of charity governance and regulation.
- An understanding of the latest trends and developments in philanthropy.
- Experience of working with Salesforce (ideal but not essential).
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary (commensurate with experience).
- 25 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working - options to work from home / flexible hours (outside of core hours).
- Other benefits include childcare vouchers, a company pension scheme, personal accident cover, a personal development allowance and free eye tests.
About UsThe Big Give exists to promote good causes and inspire people to give. We are responsible for the UK’s biggest online match funding campaign, the Christmas Challenge, which in 2018 raised £13.3m for 598 charities. Since being founded by Sir Alec Reed CBE in 2007, the Big Give has helped to raise £113 million for thousands of UK-registered charities. We have bold plans for growth having just articulated our 10 year strategy. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Application process To apply, please send your CV and short covering letter explaining your motivation and how you meet the job description to email@example.com by 22nd July. First round interviews to be held week commencing 29th July. Final interviews to be held week commencing 5th August.