Head of Campaigns
At the head of a busy and dynamic team, you will lead existing programme work across our campaign areas including Change for Chickens, Sea Change and Wildlife not Entertainers. You will also lead, plan and implement new programme areas for the UK. This will involve designing and implementing innovative UK campaigning plans in-line with global strategic priorities. You will control budgets, manage resources and oversee stakeholder communication. At times you will need to be hands on and roll your sleeves up on programme areas with less resource. You will work with senior leadership colleagues to develop a brand strategy including providing advice and insight on utilising campaigns to enhance our profile in the UK market. You will also network with international peers to ensure work is aligned with global objectives while relevant for local conditions. We will look to you to manage a high performing team, to analyse results and share insight to improve effectiveness too. We will also look to you to develop relationships with a network of key external stakeholders and onboard a new External Affairs Advisor position into the team. This is a challenging and motivating position for a senior campaigner or a campaigner looking to take the next step in their career to help us move the world to protect animals. UK Head of Campaigns required experience
- An experienced and highly motivated campaigner you will have led the design and delivery of high impact social change campaign strategies, ideally on an international platform
- You are comfortable analysing performance and producing insight to inform and improve campaigns to deliver stronger results.
- You will be effective at motivating and developing teams and inspiring them to produce amazing work. Your people skills will extend to building strong relationships with external stakeholders and other key players.
- You will be a strong project manager, who is able to work with multiple stakeholders, control budgets and meet deadlines.
- An excellent communicator you will possess first class analytical and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of animal welfare or conservation and environmental issues would be an advantage.
Who are we? We are World Animal Protection. For over 50 years we have moved the world to protect animals. We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution. We stop the exploitation of wild animals for entertainment and profit. We protect pets and working animals in communities across the globe. We campaign for better farm animal welfare and fight against factory farming. We also help animals when disaster strikes. Our vision is a world where animals live free from suffering. We are working to help people to see how important animals are to all of us. We are determined to influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda and inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better. Today we’re working on projects to end animal suffering by helping governments and communities to protect and care for their animals.