The Fund for Global Human Rights Marketing Officer About the Fund The Fund for Global Human Rights is a leading supporter of on-the-ground human rights groups around the world. Dedicated to finding and funding the most effective human rights organizations in regions from Latin America to Africa to Southeast Asia, the Fund for Global Human Rights offers grants and facilitates technical support to ensure the long-term effectiveness and viability of front-line groups working in challenging conditions with scant resources. As an employer, we are deeply committed to the overall well-being of our staff. We offer 100 percent employer paid health benefits, generous paid leave, and flexible working options designed to meet the diverse needs of our globally based team members. For more information, please visit www.globalhumanrights.org About the Role This technical position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and will work closely with the Digital Communications Officer, the Communications Content Officer, and a Communications Consultant. The Marketing and Communications team sits within the Development Department, and a chief function of the Marketing and Communications team is to attract and cultivate donors to the Fund through email, social media, and website content and integrated campaigns. The Marketing Officer is a new role designed to support the Marketing and Communications team with the technical expertise needed to execute effective email marketing campaigns that compellingly represent the Fund to a growing audience of potential low-level donors. Reports to: Communications and Marketing Director Essential Functions and Specific Responsibilities
- Create and manage segmented email lists of Fund donors and non-donor subscribers
- Roll out email marketing campaigns to different donor segments
- Manage and update the Engaging Network database to ensure data hygiene
- Synchronize data flows between Engaging Networks and the Salesforce CRM of donors
- Code and design unique donate pages, pop-ups, emails, and other campaign-specific content on Engaging Networks using HTML
- Track analytics related to low-level donor conversion and email subscribers using Engaging Networks and Google Analytics
- Work with the Digital Communications Officer to create and implement Facebook ads strategy
- Assist the Digital Communications Officer with creation of different brand and campaign materials using photoshop and InDesign
- Manage the Paypal account and troubleshooting of online giving issues
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure platforms security
Minimum Qualifications | What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Experience using Engaging Networks or equivalent email marketing systems (MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Sales Force Marketing Could, Blackboard etc)
- Demonstrable experience with sales/donor marketing
- Demonstrable experience using WordPress CMS and basic HTML coding and web design
- Experience running digital marketing campaigns via social media, email and/or web
- Experience with collecting and analyzing digital marketing data (Cost-per-result, click-through rates, engagement rates, conversion rates)
- Knowledge of online privacy and digital security best practices
- Understanding of marketing strategies and market research techniques and practices.
- Understanding of GDPR (preferred to also have basic understanding of CCPA compliance and regulations)
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn content requirements.
The Fund for global human rights is an EOE/M/F/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering and nurturing mission focused, collaborative and diverse workforce. The Fund aims to provide competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.