The role As a Media Associate, you'll be charged with leading the development and implementation of paid digital media strategies as well as managing the execution of paid media campaigns across clients ranging from charities, advocacy groups to major brands (and everything in between). You need to have a working knowledge of some of the main digital media platforms, and a passion for new placements and formats. You need to be analytical with exceptional attention to detail, switching seamlessly from pulling results for a client presentation, and rolling up your sleeves to launch new creative is no big deal for you. Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, programmatic retargeting, DSPs, audience targeting, self and managed service, data and measurement are a few examples of words you use on a regular basis. You will use your paid media experience to inform your work but also tap into your digital curiosity and passion for innovation to bring new ideas and thinking to the team. Day-to-day responsibilities:
- Ensure successful accomplishment of client objectives through exemplary account service, management and optimization of media campaigns across multiple platforms (search, social, display, programmatic, video, mobile, etc.).
- Working collaboratively with other internal or external teams (ie. Design, Analytics, Accounts, Communications, etc.) to produce campaigns, creative ideas, and develop innovation opportunities.
- Load & QA complex campaigns in line with our testing roadmap and content matrices.
- Participate (and sometimes lead) client-facing interactions related to media, from video calls to (eventual) in-person meetings to presentations.
- Advise clients on opportunities and tactical approaches in paid media that meet their organisational objectives.
- Drive innovation through keeping abreast of digital industry and target trends, stewarding and building relationships with media partners, and making test and learn recommendations for company and client specific use
The team As part of the global Media team, you’ll work closely with a cross-disciplinary group of colleagues in London on various project accounts, and have support from media colleagues across offices. We’re passionate, geeky, and care about our clients and their campaigns. We work with many different charities - and so a passion and drive to achieve great results for causes we believe in is essential! Top things we’re looking for
- 2-3 years experience in a hands-on digital paid media activation role using a mix of digital channels (Social, Search, Programmatic, Video, etc) - with preference to experience in executing, managing, and reporting on media campaigns with a mix of objectives/goals
- Ability to effectively manage multiple clients and projects on time, within budget, and meet performance goals, while following QA procedures.
- Working knowledge of top digital advertising self-service platforms including Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, Bing, and Programmatic providers. Google Analytics knowledge is also a bonus.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State.
- At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — across ethnicities, genders, religious backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, immigration statues, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply for this role. Even if you don’t feel like your current skill set checks every box, if you’re committed to learning and doing work that matters we want to hear from you.
The company Blue State is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organisations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 150 employees in five offices around the world.