Senior Audience Insight Analyst - Strategic Communications
About the European Climate Foundation The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level. We support over 280 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world. About the role The ECF’s strategic communications team is the outreach unit of the foundation. Its role is to act as a centre of expertise for communication on climate change and to play an active role in helping create more political, media and public endorsement for action on climate change at an international, national and sectoral level. Team members work as part of an international network of communications experts to enhance the public debate on climate change and its solutions more broadly. In this role you will work across a diverse network of communications professionals, supporting them to deploy best-in-class audience insight tools and analysis in their strategic communications work on climate and energy. That will include managing polling projects to drive media impact, commissioning audience segmentation analysis, and generally looking for opportunities to apply audience insight approaches to the task of making the work of a fast-moving communications team more rigorous and impactful. You should live and breathe audience analysis, care deeply about new and innovative solutions to the climate crisis, and have an experimental, entrepreneurial approach to educating and advocating for the use of insight approaches in achieving communications impact, designing excellent strategy, and testing and refining approaches. Familiarity with issues dominating the climate science public narrative is a requirement, including global and national public, policy and media debates around climate change, energy transition, land use and nature. Inclusivity and collaboration are core values for this team. If this sounds like you, please apply! Key responsibilities As the Senior Audience Insight Analyst, Strategic Communications, you will be responsible for:
- Proactively engaging colleagues to champion and enable the use of polling, segmentation and other audience analysis approaches across the team;
- Supporting colleagues to design, commission and manage audience analysis that drives strategic communications impact, including advising on research design, writing polling questions and focus group scripts, and analysing findings;
- Commissioning, guiding and project managing audience segmentation analysis within the network;
- Providing expertise to assist with monitoring and evaluating the impact of strategic communications work, including seeking opportunities to bring audience insight approaches into the team's planning processes;
- Working with our digital team on the design and deployment of rigorous online message testing/targeting and analysis and other digital audience work;
- Tracking, interpreting and compiling new audience analysis, polling, and the latest insights and developments in audience insight for an audience of communications professionals;
- Collaborating with audience insight practitioners and experts in the broader community on larger audience insight projects;
- Helping develop a rigorous analytic approach to testing and developing strategic communications work in the network.
Experience and competencies Essential:
- Sophisticated understanding of the art and science of audience insights;
- Understanding of how to design polling to influence specific media targets and other audiences;
- A track record of working with/for polling agencies on strategic communications work, and a strong understanding of the field;
- Experience of a wide range of audience insight approaches - polling, focus groups, message testing, audience segmentation - and an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each;
- Experience presenting findings to internal and external audiences and contributing insights from research effectively;
- Insight into the challenges of undertaking audience analysis across multiple geographies and contexts;
- Some familiarity with major issues in the climate and energy space;
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative approach;
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers;
- The strong multidisciplinary skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work nimbly across phone/video conferencing, time zones, slack, email, Trello, etc.;
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate change.
- Experience of audience insight work outside western geographies;
- Experience with digital audience work undertaken through social media and other platforms, and/or designing online message testing and audience analysis work;
- A strong understanding of the climate and energy space and/or international public opinion around the same;
- A strong network of contacts in the audience insight field;
- Data visualization and presentation skills.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A full-time position with a consultant or employment contract (subject to location, negotiable) for one year, with a possible renewal after one year. Job shares will be considered.
Location Global. Colocation in a local office may be a possibility in some locations. You must have the required permits to work in your location. Start date As soon as possible How to apply Please upload via the link below:
- Cover letter
- As part of your application, please share your favourite example of impactful audience research work in the climate and energy space, and explain why you have picked it. Please keep your answer to less than 150 words.
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for the work location, if applicable. All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise. https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/europeanclimate/jobs/senior_audience_insight_analyst_strategic_communications_location_flexible_10333/en/