Senior Campaigns Manager UK
Help transform billions of lives. Including yours. Compassion in World Farming International is a leading global farm animal welfare organisation campaigning to bring an end to factory farming and to implement the highest animal welfare standards in Europe and beyond. We lead a growing worldwide movement of people concerned about how industrial agriculture mistreats animals, wastes precious resources and utterly fails to meet the needs of the planet’s inhabitants. With headquarters in the UK and offices in Belgium, China, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain and the USA, we are an influential organisation whose supporters and partners throughout the world help us deliver on our initiatives. We campaign on a wide range of themes ranging from welfare issues for farmed animals to the wider environmental impact of the current food system. Recent campaigns
- rallied over 1.4 million supporters for a European Citizens’ Initiative to end caged farming
- halted Scottish live calf exports and led to a review of the law in England and Wales
- pressed the case for recognition of animal sentience in UK law
You will be a passionate, experienced and creative senior campaigner, able to construct imaginative and effective campaigns, inspire colleagues and mobilise our broad range of supporters. You will work with other departments to ensure UK campaign activities benefit animals globally. You will also manage relationships with external NGO partners. This exciting post requires proven campaigning and project management skills and may include international travel. It offers an opportunity to be part of a dynamic campaigning organisation with an increasing impact in reducing animal suffering and working for a sustainable global future for farming. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Construct effective and creative campaigns that persuade decision-makers and inspire our supporters.
- Supervise and support a Digital Campaigner to maximise the impact of online campaigning.
- Act as a key member of the UK Management Team, working closely with Media, Policy and Fundraising colleagues to plan impactful, integrated campaigning.
- Act as media spokesperson for Compassion as required for campaign work.
- Manage campaign budget.
- Commission and manage external suppliers as needed.
- Develop strong working relationships across the organisation
- Liaise with our Supporter Engagement Team to build on our powerful supporter relationships.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with other stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have sound knowledge gained in a similar position with a proven track record of leading and implementing successful campaigns along with a good knowledge of UK political institutions. It is also desirable that you have a knowledge of farm animal welfare issues. Strong written and verbal communication skills, organisational skills and excellent attention to detail are also key requirements for this position. APPLICATIONS
- Read the full job description
- Closing: Sunday, 9th May 2021. We would like applications as soon as possible as these will be reviewed regularly and interviews may take place on a rolling programme.
- Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification detailed in the Job Description.
No agencies please.