Senior Digital Campaign Co-ordinator
Senior Digital Campaigns Coordinator (UK) Location: Godalming, Surrey – UK (remote/flexible working considered within the UK) Job Type: Permanent Salary: £27,000-30,000 (Depending on experience) Reports to: Senior Campaigns Manager (UK) Help transform billions of lives. Including yours. Do you have one or more years’ experience working in digital campaigns and/or communications? Are you buzzing with creative ideas to inspire and mobilise diverse audiences to take action online? Then we have an exciting opportunity for you to join a leading global farm animal welfare organisation and help end factory farming to protect animals, people and the planet. About us Compassion in World Farming was founded in 1967 by Peter Roberts, a dairy farmer, who identified the threat of industrial agriculture to animal welfare and spearheaded campaigns to end it. Today, we lead a global movement of compassionate people fighting to mend our broken food system and introduce a regenerative approach to agriculture – one that helps combat the climate crisis, prevent biodiversity loss, protect human health, and give all farm animals a life worth living. With headquarters in the UK and offices in Belgium, China, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, and the USA, Compassion UK is a highly influential organisation whose 400,000 supporters help achieve meaningful legislative and corporate changes to policies and practices affecting farm animals. Recent achievements include:
- Rallying over 1.4 million supporters for a European Citizens’ Initiative to end caged farming.
- Halting Scottish live calf exports and securing a review of the law in England and Wales.
- Launching a new campaign against intensive salmon farming, which has reached 30 countries and has so far generated 87,000 supporter actions.
About the role The purpose of this role is to help end factory farming by creating compelling digital communications that mobilise mass support and drive politicians and corporations to enact positive changes for farm animals. This individual will not only help maintain delivery of the UK team’s current digital campaigns output; they will also implement fresh, innovative approaches that improve and expand our digital campaign activity across all channels. They will also provide support for the development and delivery of the wider campaigning programme. Key responsibilities:
- Producing digital supporter communications, including supporter emails, online actions, and multimedia web & social media content.
- Copywriting and building supporter emails and e-actions within email broadcast and advocacy CMS software.
- Monitoring, evaluating, and reporting digital campaign performance.
- Developing strong working relationships across the organisation, and with third party agencies and suppliers (as relevant to campaign delivery).
- Attending cross-departmental meetings, deputising for the Senior Campaigns Manager when needed.
About you You will be a confident, creative storyteller, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Adept in crafting compelling written material, you will also have a firm grasp of visual storytelling, with confidence and social media assets. Specific requirements:
- Minimum one year experience working in digital campaigns and/or communications – ideally in a charity setting.
- Familiarity with a range of digital campaigning techniques, including email marketing and social media.
- Experience of producing compelling multimedia content (e.g. videos and visual assets) to engage and mobilise a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written communication skills: able to produce compelling, persuasive, concise written material, with attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and an awareness of photo and/or video editing software or platforms.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis principles and statistical techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills: confident presenting information to multiple teams.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Genuine interest in animal welfare and environmental issues.
To apply: Closing date: 9th May 2021 Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification detailed in the Job Description. Please note that we reserve the right to commence interviews on a rolling programme. No agencies please.